Lanzar OPTI1533D

CarAudioNewbie9
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BFE
Really want to try this sub. However I am a bit concerned about a few things. First of all, it's a LANZAR. Lanzar isn't really known for top quality. Next, I am a bit concerned about the real RMS rating of this. I realize it says 3000 rms, but that is an awful lot for any subwoofer. Next the frequency is 40-350 hz. I guess this sub won't hit anything below 40? Maybe I'm wrong. Next is it only has a 3 inch voice coil. How the hell are you gonna get 3000 RMS off that? Not too mention it is 1.2 DVC so I don't know if it is safe to run it off my MB Quart 2000.1D. I realize it's like 70 something pounds but it seems unlikely that this sub will work smoothly. Anyone got any info on this sub? I dunno, should I give it a try?

Really want to try this sub. However I am a bit concerned about a few things. First of all, it's a LANZAR. Lanzar isn't really known for top quality. Next, I am a bit concerned about the real RMS rating of this. I realize it says 3000 rms, but that is an awful lot for any subwoofer. Next the frequency is 40-350 hz. I guess this sub won't hit anything below 40? Maybe I'm wrong. Next is it only has a 3 inch voice coil. How the hell are you gonna get 3000 RMS off that? Not too mention it is 1.2 DVC so I don't know if it is safe to run it off my MB Quart 2000.1D. I realize it's like 70 something pounds but it seems unlikely that this sub will work smoothly. Anyone got any info on this sub? I dunno, should I give it a try?
Come on now... I guess you should set your low pass at 350 if you go by that... Ignore the frequency response. It will play lower than 40 hz.

Lanzar's Opti line is about the best you can get from Lanzar, and are actually decent. They don't over exaggerate the Opti line like they do with the lower lines.

lanzar MAXP124D die in couple hours at 1/3 power of 1080 RMS amp. and my amp probably over rated. and wasn't loud.

avoid lanzar
That's the equivalent of comparing a ford focus to a mustang GT

Well done.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

Optidrive's their only line that gets ANY respect from the "enthusiast" crowd and they seem to be making an effort to keep that going. (although the Opti Scion line isn't looking very promising)

I have two 1232's. One's in my car getting right around rated power from a Zed Audio amp.

The other's used in my home theater set up tuned to 25hz.

Both are performing as well or better than I expected.

The 1533 posts a high "ish" freq response b/c it's an SPL sub. I think its Fs will be in the upper 30's to maybe 40 if they get the specs posted.

It should be extremely loud and I would expect it to perform right alongside any other sub in its price range. If not a notch higher.

( "The 1533 posts a high "ish" freq response b/c it's an SPL sub. I think its Fs will be in the upper 30's to maybe 40 if they get the specs posted.

It should be extremely loud and I would expect it to perform right alongside any other sub in its price range. If not a notch higher. " )

Actually the 1233's fs is 52hz, the 1533's is 34hz, alot of guys in MECA put up pretty good scores with 1535d's , I am curoius to see how these hold up.

Has anyone actually used the sub or seen it in action????
I have two Lanzars opti1232d's and i am running about 1,300 watts to them at 2 ohms for about 2 years now and they handle pretty good and they seem like they can take a little more power to them but all I am saying lanzar opti line dont get the respect that they should get

Buddy of mine had 12000 watt lanzar Amp running to *****two Opti1535D's***** 3" voice Coil, 1700 rms (rated, but can handle a lot more) these subwoofers dont get moving until there around the 1500-1600 rms point. My buddy now uses custom 15" he built himself, so he decided to cut open the one subwoofer (Lanzar 1535D) to see how much stress was put on the coil. Low and behold, the coil had a deep black tint to it (the subwoofer still was in perfect condition when he decided to cut it open) The voicecoil is a flat wound voice coil meaning it can withstand more heat, more extreme conditions, and overall deffinatly a very good sub for the price. People who say Lanzar ***** arnt being to.....realistic when it comes to physics, and how good your box is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.