Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

To set the date you have to put it into standby mode. It took me awhile to figure it out too. You could also always just set it to get the time and date from RDS.

Setting the date and time is very clearly explained in the manual. I'm not in front of my X693 or manual right now, but I'm pretty sure you have to be in Standby mode, then it is in the first level menu, which I believe is called "Menu".

Didn't know if anyone could help me with this. I just purchased this HU and just wanting to make the bass stand out a little more. Nothing extreme, but can't figure out what to do with the settings to do so other than click on bass boost lol.

Any help is appreciated.

I just have stock speakers as of now and it's in a trailblazer.

Thanks!

You could play around with the EQ presets and choose one that emphasizes the bass range more. Or you could setup a User EQ curve that customizes the bass range for your needs. See page 31 in the manual.

Also, if your vehicle has a separate subwoofer, you may want to just tweak that level separately. See page 28 in the manual.

BTW, I feel that if a person wants to scratch the surface of all the features this unit offers, then it is absolutely essential to read every single letter of the manual.

You could play around with the EQ presets and choose one that emphasizes the bass range more. Or you could setup a User EQ curve that customizes the bass range for your needs. See page 31 in the manual.
Also, if your vehicle has a separate subwoofer, you may want to just tweak that level separately. See page 28 in the manual.

BTW, I feel that if a person wants to scratch the surface of all the features this unit offers, then it is absolutely essential to read every single letter of the manual.
Yes it is, the HU itself isn't very intuitive but it is quite powerful and when used with the manual you can do a hell of a lot.

i love this headunit. just bought it yesterday. time and date settings are as follows. to change the time NOT in standby mode, press the fnc button>menu>clock setting. press and hold control knob for about 2 or more seconds. to change numbers turn the control knob, to switch from minutes to hours , push the knob to the right or left.

to change the date go to standby mode(SRC button>Standby) press the fnc button>menu>set date. hold the control knob for 2 seconds or more to access the settings. just use the same control method as with the time.

Pros: lots of settings, Xover settings are ok, time alighnment does make a great amount of difference, the color intuition is great, many display possibilities, SQ is awesome. much better than my panasonic headunit. by far

Cons: i dont like that in direct sunlight its hard to see the display, the faceplate finish is to polished. functionality with the menus is a little annoying being that you have to go to them for presets, memory for certain things etc. other than that, its a pretty solid unit.

Overall, this is a good unit. depends on your personal tastes, but i would recommend this to anyone.

i love this headunit. just bought it yesterday. time and date settings are as follows. to change the time NOT in standby mode, press the fnc button>menu>clock setting. press and hold control knob for about 2 or more seconds. to change numbers turn the control knob, to switch from minutes to hours , push the knob to the right or left.to change the date go to standby mode(SRC button>Standby) press the fnc button>menu>set date. hold the control knob for 2 seconds or more to access the settings. just use the same control method as with the time.

Pros: lots of settings, Xover settings are ok, time alighnment does make a great amount of difference, the color intuition is great, many display possibilities, SQ is awesome. much better than my panasonic headunit. by far

Cons: i dont like that in direct sunlight its hard to see the display, the faceplate finish is to polished. functionality with the menus is a little annoying being that you have to go to them for presets, memory for certain things etc. other than that, its a pretty solid unit.

Overall, this is a good unit. depends on your personal tastes, but i would recommend this to anyone.

Hey Cheeseman0777, I just got this headunit & LOVE the sound of this baby, but like others am having difficulty in getting it set up. I've got the color set, the clock, & some radio presets but now am having trouble setting the Date but I'll try to do what you described above. Also, how do I turn ON the AUX? In the Manual it says it's under the Menu but I'm doing something wrong, can you "step" it out for me for AUX ON? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Thanks Bud! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Have you guys used your units to play mp3s from USB flash drives? If so, does the unit display them by their file name and does it sort them alphabetically?

I got this unit 3 days ago and so far I'm impressed. Very useful tuning options.. DTA, 6,12,18,24dB/oct x-over slopes, better than average EQ.

Heads up for potential buyers. Crutchfield sells it for 189.99, but you can use coupon code 3A825 (I think still works) for $20 off (purchases of $100 or more)...so 169.99. Add in the free install kit/wiring harness for your car, free 1-3 day shipping, and warranty coverage from an authorized dealer..comes out to a pretty good deal.

Question for owners.. the specs say 4V on the preouts. But with my meter set to ACV and using a 60Hz 0dB sine wave, I measured just 3.1V from all three outputs: front, rear, sub. This was with volume 35/35, all EQ bands flat, no bass boost, supreme+, etc., internal amp off, and x-overs set to through. With the DSP bypassed, the difference was just an extra 0.1V

No big deal, but I'm wondering if anyone else has measured theirs and getting the same numbers?

Hey everyone. I just bought one of these headunits about a week ago, and today i installed it! Anyhow, im new to headunits that give you more than just bass and treble. My question is - 1) what would be a good user eq setting i can use for each band? i think it goes to 5 bands, and a slope for each. I normally listen to RnB and hip hop, occasionally your papa roach and tom pettys and things like that. I dont currently have a seperate sub installed but i have in the past and will be installig another shortly. I have no idea really what hz to set each speaker for also. i have 3 way alpine 6x9 in the rear deck, and 4x6 pioneer 2 ways in the front. neither are amped. i just want it to sound clean and full. i was always a fan of hearing a decent thump from the rear and clear vocals. I usually would have my sub gains a little higher and then the bass down on the headunit so i could fill the cabin with high vocals, and let the sub in the trunk make you feel the bass. Also. How do i measure for DTA, i kno there is seperate measurements. I was messing around with all the options and i came to two different settings in which is was asking for measurements. It was a few hours ago and like i said i only installed this today so i havnt got too used to the menus yet, but im hoping someone can help.

I drive a 1992 buick roadmaster, if that can be any help.

Sry for my terrible english.

Also, I greatly appreciate all of your replies ahead of time.

Thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.