Kenwood Excelon DNX8120

Replied to your thread on termpro. I have the 7100 and really love it.

The 8120 has a couple features that make the unit extremely versatile.

You should love it if you pick one up.

Anybody have any input on the general sound quality of the unit? I have read elsewhere about occurrences of a hissing noise while listening to the Ipod and to satellite radio.

Also, does anybody have experience with playing music off of a USB storage device? How fast and smooth is the DNX8120 in navigating and playing files off of USB devices other than the Ipod?

I have a 7019 and when I use the usb port it if cool. The only problem I have is when you turn your car off and turn it back on it stays on your last song on your usb for like a few minutes. My guess is that the HU is reading the songs on your drive. But after that I love it. By the way I have over 600 some songs on my flash drive.

Anybody have any input on the general sound quality of the unit? I have read elsewhere about occurrences of a hissing noise while listening to the Ipod and to satellite radio. Also, does anybody have experience with playing music off of a USB storage device? How fast and smooth is the DNX8120 in navigating and playing files off of USB devices other than the Ipod?
i hooked up my ipod and satellite radio to mine and i didn't hear any hissing noise...it sounded fine....

I just had mine installed today. It's going to take some time to figure everything out. The built in blue tooth is really neat but my wife said it sounded echoey. I will really play with it this weekend. I have never been one to read an owners manual, but I think I will on this. There is a 13 band eq for the front and rear and a bunch of other cool features.

so far I haven't opened the owner manual...but to bypass the DVD player all I did was ground the green wire I'll probally do a hidden toggle to kill it though ....I also hooked up the optional Kenwood center ch. with center ch. amp to create better sound stage and imaging since I'm using stock door locations....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.