Kenwood DDX812 vs. Pioneer AVH-6000dvd

iiixtremeiii
10+ year member

Looking into getting on of these DU HU.... I've always had Pioneer HU but saw the Kenwood DDX812 and it look really nice. I like that the Pioneer unit has the 6 disc changer but with the Kenwood supporting the Ipod video that wouldn't be much of an issue to me anymore. Also I've seen different ratings as far as the outputs. Some sites show that the Kenwood has 2v and other show it has a 5v output. I'm not worried about a navi system. Which unit would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

bumpin this up, good to hear the 5v preout as opposed to alot of places saying 2v preouts. What about the EQ bands though. Most places selling the ddx812 says 3 eq bands, but the manual on kenwoods page says 13 bands (its actually the dnx8120 manual).

Anybody know for sure if the dnx812 gets a 13 band eq? Thinking bout picking one of these up. I have a 10% off ebay coupon sitting and it'd make for a great deal.

Who knows for sure if Pioneer AVH-P6000DVD has DIVX support. Most retailers suggest it comes with DIVX, but official site says NOT. Any owner of this machine here? Please confirm. Thanks in advance

The Kenwood has 5v's. It really depends what you are looking for from your unit. Sound quality, features, navigation, things like that. Depending on what you rank as most important to least important, you can choose a unit that will accommodate your needs. Look into Eclipse's double din units.

Either way, I would definately rank the Kenwood above the Pioneer.

I've posted this question on another thread, but it died soon after. Does any body have any outstanding (good or bad) opinions on the general sound quality of the DNX8120? Also, has anyone encountered a hiss with the DNX that is noticeable at low volumes or between track changes with an Ipod or CD?

Pioneer > KenwoodEclipse > Kenwood

Kenwood > Clarion

Alpine > Pioneer

Pioneer > Eclipse
Your wrong.

The DDX812 is the exactly the same as the DNX8120. The 812 does not have navigation. DDX812 has the 13 band eq, 5v gold plated preouts, T/A, and all of the other wonderful goodies that no other double din head unit has. Which is why I say the Kenwood owns the Eclipse, Pioneer, and Clarion. Ive had all of the other units I know what im saying is true. The ipod video is sweet also!

kenwood all the way, looks better, sounds better ( IMHO ) and i think is a little cheaper, plus has way more options, and divx, plus the videos off my ipod touch look better than the dvds

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.