Keeping pressure inside the vehicle???

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
Whats up guys I recently finished up my system and im more then happy with it. Looking into doing some dound deadening and was curious how to keep all the pressure inside the truck? Will second skin do the job alone or will that only stop the rattling? Basically just want to know how to keep as much pressure inside the truck as possible. Sorry if this is a little confusing lol thanks for the help guys!

Expanding foam would help as well as multiple layers of deadener. I prefer audio techix
where do yo spray the foal at? And is it something I can just pick up from home depot?

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

I use audio technix sound deadener also. Love it. I could tell the difference in the clarity of my sub once I used about 20ft of it.
Cool thanks man im going to look into that brand for sure!

Are you trying to meter higher or is this for a daily application. If you want to keep pressure in the car, bracing is more useful than deadener. Expanding foam, wooden bracing etc, flexing body panels are the problem.

Are you trying to meter higher or is this for a daily application. If you want to keep pressure in the car, bracing is more useful than deadener. Expanding foam, wooden bracing etc, flexing body panels are the problem.
Its just for demos. I would really like to do a little better hair tricks. I have an sp4 15 by the way. Can you expand on the wooden bracing?and where would i spray the foal at? Directly on the panel thats flexing? Thanks for helping man

you have a window down to do a hair trick, so why are you worried about keeping pressure inside the cabin? Your window is a giant leak. Yes I would deaden/fix vibrations but you need more cone area. None of the stuff you're doing will make it move a lot more air...

Every time a panel on your car flexes, that's sound pressure energy that's been converted to mechanical energy which means lower sound energy. The way to fix it is to brace everything that rattles and that can be done with everything mentioned above. Deadener works as both an insulator and a brace. Foam works to brace panels where they come in contact with inner structural members and, braces wooden or steel bracing works well too. Also, carpet and cloth absorb sound energy so if you can eliminate either, that's an increase in sound pressure, albeit negligible unless you're in the lanes.

As for Audio Technix deadener, it's a great product but you won't find it around for much longer under that name. The 80 mil AT deadener is now branded CT Sounds and the 60 mil is branded Execution Audio. It's the exact same product... just new names.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.