JL W7 10 or RE SXX

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a w7 10 and a sxx 10 in a custom box. I just have a Hifonics 1000.1d right now so it's not a very good amp. Can't decide to make a box for the w7 and use it with the Hifonics or the RE with it or a different amp.. Or I'm thinking maybe get a used jl 500/1 with the w7. I want good sq but I want it to be pretty loud too. Someone give me an opinion I can't decide what to do here. Help!

If it were me and I had to use the Hifonics amplifier, I would go with the SXX if it's a D2. If the SXX is a D4 I would go with the W7.

i'd get rid of your sxx and hifonics amp for a better amp and run the jl...
What amp would you suggest. I can't get the jl 1000/1 cause I had one and I was getting bad voltage drops (too power hungry) so you think the jl500/1 would be good? Or something else

What amp would you suggest. I can't get the jl 1000/1 cause I had one and I was getting bad voltage drops (too power hungry) so you think the jl500/1 would be good? Or something else
500/1 would be good, i would try to find a good 800w amp on here, 1000/1 would be best and upgrade you'r electrical... i bought a cheap $3 volt meter that plugs into my cig. lighter to monitor my volt drops and adjust vol. accordingly... the jl is a WAY better sub, but if you don't have the elec. [ my jl 1000/1v2 didn't drop that bad] run the cheaper re sub... its not as power hungry... that 500/1 would sound great, but it wont give you the full potential...

500/1 would be good, i would try to find a good 800w amp on here, 1000/1 would be best and upgrade you'r electrical... i bought a cheap $3 volt meter that plugs into my cig. lighter to monitor my volt drops and adjust vol. accordingly... the jl is a WAY better sub, but if you don't have the elec. [ my jl 1000/1v2 didn't drop that bad] run the cheaper re sub... its not as power hungry... that 500/1 would sound great, but it wont give you the full potential...
I think the 500/1 will do just what I need it to. That's probly what ill go with I just need to find a used one for a decent price. Wish I could get one for as cheap as I got my w7 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

I think the 500/1 will do just what I need it to. That's probly what ill go with I just need to find a used one for a decent price. Wish I could get one for as cheap as I got my w7 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif
The 1000/1 isn't very efficient... neither is the 500/1. You could get a very good 1krms amp that will not cause voltage drop like the JL. The 500/1 will be similar in voltage drop to a more efficient 1k amp.

Edit.. and I'm not saying anything bad about JL.. I love their stuff.

The 1000/1 isn't very efficient... neither is the 500/1. You could get a very good 1krms amp that will not cause voltage drop like the JL. The 500/1 will be similar in voltage drop to a more efficient 1k amp.

Edit.. and I'm not saying anything bad about JL.. I love their stuff.
I agree but I do like JL stuff so I think I'll get a 500/1.. If not what do you recommend?

I bought my w7 on craigslist for dirt cheap the guy didn't know what he had? you guys probly don't even want to know how much I payed for it or you would be pissed lol

I bought my w7 on craigslist for dirt cheap the guy didn't know what he had? you guys probly don't even want to know how much I payed for it or you would be pissed lol
I paid $80 bucks for my JL w7 from a crackhead who had it installed in his car but needed money real quick. I then proceeded to find a w3 for $50 which I also bought...this time from a garage sale, the guys wife sold it to me lol, I'm sure he wasn't happy when he found out. Both came with grill, mint condition.

I paid $80 bucks for my JL w7 from a crackhead who had it installed in his car but needed money real quick. I then proceeded to find a w3 for $50 which I also bought...this time from a garage sale, the guys wife sold it to me lol, I'm sure he wasn't happy when he found out. Both came with grill, mint condition.
I got mine for $40! in a double thickness box that has dynamat on inside.. So I can easily get my 40 back from the box lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tshaffe

Tshaffe
☁️
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Tshaffe