• Thread starter <jaylee>
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<jaylee>

I'm getting ready to buy some JL 12W3's which I already know sound excellent. Could someone tell me how infinity perfects compare both in SQ ans SPL?

In my opinion if you put them in a car with a trunk (not a hatchback) You will not hear the difference between the two in the SQ catagory. However the Perfects are considerably louder. My vote goes to the Perfects on that issue.. If they are in a hatch or a truck then I would probably go for JL.

Mike

I beg to differ. I have heard 2 12"W3 subs in the trunk of a Mercedes...I heard them with some rap playing they hit real hard. My other friend has 2 Infinity 12.1Perfects, it hits hard, but not as hard as the JLW3. But I alos heard techno played on both subs, and the Infinity's sounded a lot better when it came to keeping up with those fast beat bass drops. I think the Perfects are a litte more top notch in the SQ, and JL got a little more on SPL. But you also gotta compare the RMS, JL W3=250watts, 12.1Perfects=350watts.

The Jl's will be capable of better SPL by far, however will lack in some areas of SQ. The perfect on the other hand is quite possibly one of the best SQ subs on the market today. Clear, well defined, and totally accurate bass response from them. The Jl's tend to get a little muddy sounding arround the 80-120hz range however still produce well.

It may be hard to tell from a simple trial, however a true SQ enthusiast will be able to determine quite a difference in the Perfects SQ from the JL. -After all, in SQ- everything has to be precise and clear.

I have spent many years as a active SQ competitor and have placed 2nd in a locally sanctioned USAC event. At the time I was using 2 Jl 12W6's, however a year and a half ago switched to 2 Perfect 12.1's. The difference was incredible. Mind you the Jl's sounded very nice, however, the Perfects were much more impressive. In Both applications the subs were flush mounted facing up in the rear deck of my 1985 Ford Thunderbird.

Sadly though, as I was preparing for key IASCA SQ event this past july; my tbird was claimed by a large warehouse fire where it was being stored. While the car is lost, my policy is the same with my other vehicles as it was in the t-bird. I will openly demo the vehicle to anyone who wishes to hear it. Those that heard my system both ways, even the ones who didnt know anything about car audio, but just liked music, all agreed that the Perfcts were a lot more defined and detailed.

The Perfects would honestly be the better of the two.

Take it easy,

-zane

Why not in a hatchback though? I have an Eagle Talon and I'm either getting W3's or 12.1's. Would the perfects be the best choice?

Often times a hatchback produces a lot of cancellation in bass frequencies so it fools the ear in a way.

As indicated earlier,

the perfects would be the better choice.

See ya,

-zane

My guy have 3 perfect 12.1's and they hit very hard and very low.I don't know much about those JL's though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.