JL Audio 1000/1 paying for the name?

Buying what people don't recommend here is probably a good start to getting something of quality.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Buying what people don't recommend here is probably a good start to getting something of quality.
I agree

most people on here like low priced stuff

JL makes a good product, people on here just dont wanna spend $$ for quality.

To everyone who has replied, I do have a question for each and every one of you. Do you honestly think the OP will notice a difference between the JL Audio 1000/1 run at 4 ohms, that would cost him close to $1k authorized VERSUS the AudioQue 1200 run at 1 ohm that will cost him $229 from an authorized dealer?

For those of you touting quality, longevity, etc... The OP could literally burn through FOUR AudioQue amplifiers, each with a 2 year warranty, before he would reach the cost of ONE JL Audio 1000/1 with a 2 year warranty when purchased authorized.

To the OP, I hope you realize that your money is better spent on speakers and amplifiers that produce 85% of your musical content, i.e. your mids and highs, versus dropping major coin on your subwoofer amplifier!

the signal source you amp send to your speakers is very important.

in terms of lower end frequency, it is hard to tell an amp apart from another in terms of SQ.

You can easily tell the difference between 500rms and 1000rms, but not so easily in terms of SQ.

For mids and highs its always best to get the highest quality amp you can get.

Id much rather have a nice SQ amp rated at 75rms vs a so-so brand rated at 150rms

the signal source you amp send to your speakers is very important.
I totally agree. The old garbage in, garbage out philosophy applies here, except one will encounter amplified garbage!

in terms of lower end frequency, it is hard to tell an amp apart from another in terms of SQ.
Yeah, my question was semi-baited.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif As someone who experimented, and probably had more money than sense, I can tell you that I noted no significant difference in sound quality between the following: 25 to Life Power 1000, Crossfire BMF1000d, Soundstream Reference 700s, Linear Power 5002, Lunar L2125, or a Clarion DPX1851. I used ALL of those amplifiers to power the 13w6v2 Stealthbox in my 2006 Mustang GT and the $150 Clarion sounded just as good as the other amplifiers. I had to bridge the Linear Power at 8 ohms, and it was a CURRENT HOG when compared to all the others!

The bottom line is clean power on a subwoofer is all that is needed for it to "sound" good because 15% or less of the musical content lies in those lower octaves.

As for 8 ohms versus 2 ohms netting one better sound quality on a subwoofer... Let's just say I will NEVER do business with the person who once had me believing that BS!

For mids and highs its always best to get the highest quality amp you can get.
Id much rather have a nice SQ amp rated at 75rms vs a so-so brand rated at 150rms
I agree with this too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

To everyone who has replied, I do have a question for each and every one of you. Do you honestly think the OP will notice a difference between the JL Audio 1000/1 run at 4 ohms, that would cost him close to $1k authorized VERSUS the AudioQue 1200 run at 1 ohm that will cost him $229 from an authorized dealer?
For those of you touting quality, longevity, etc... The OP could literally burn through FOUR AudioQue amplifiers, each with a 2 year warranty, before he would reach the cost of ONE JL Audio 1000/1 with a 2 year warranty when purchased authorized.

To the OP, I hope you realize that your money is better spent on speakers and amplifiers that produce 85% of your musical content, i.e. your mids and highs, versus dropping major coin on your subwoofer amplifier!
couldn"t have put it better my self

sorry bro, but audioque doesn't have dealers
My bad, I meant directly from Audioque, which would be authorized. That is what I get for posting and "working", yeah, I was working.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Well as many have said before. THe technology is therte with JL, but yes, you are mostly paying for the name. And 90% of their **** is made overseas( which is not that it is bad but they shouldn't be charging the prices they do) eventho they claim american.

JL is still a 1 dollar a watt I bet.

Ap15001d $150 new, reliable, do rated and you will have enough coin left to buy some nice high end components. I have installed many of the Audiopipe Ap series amps over the last two years without one failure or disappointed person.

Edit: The wanted to buy a name.........and did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.