Jeep is Back... One SA-15 / 153.5 dB -- Fun times =)

Sorry I hope I did'nt offend you. To be honest, my goal is to understand all this. I am hoping to create decent #'s at around 30hz with my new setup to be proud of I suppose. I think low hz high db's is the way to go. I just love the rumble the low hz does, to me nothing feels cooler. So from what I'm gathering here, it is much easier to hit high db's with higher hz then with low hz correct? Thats what I assumed anyway.So as a novice, will people be more impressed with a 150db at 25hz or 160db at 50hz? That is a serious question.

Thank you for the information and explinations. Russ

Sorry I hope I did'nt offend you. To be honest, my goal is to understand all this. I am hoping to create decent #'s at around 30hz with my new setup to be proud of I suppose. I think low hz high db's is the way to go. I just love the rumble the low hz does, to me nothing feels cooler. So from what I'm gathering here, it is much easier to hit high db's with higher hz then with low hz correct? Thats what I assumed anyway.So as a novice, will people be more impressed with a 150db at 25hz or 160db at 50hz? That is a serious question.

Thank you for the information and explinations. Russ
I dont think you understand that people who shoot for STRAIGHT SPL, do not care about sound! just get that bish above 150!

48 10's and thats all the flex it creates? Impressive for sure, but for the amount of power and subs I would'nt be showing it off or bragging. No offense to you unless you own the ride and i don't intend to ridecule it, but I've seen many videos of flex, hair tricks etc, it can be done with much less with better results. Of course this is m.o.

Thanks for sharing. Russ

Right. But whats more impressive, 150 db at 50hz or 150db at 30hz. I may be retarded but the 30hz range is way cooler in my book, and yes I love the shake you get from it. No matter what tho 150+db's at whatever hz is impressive with 1 sub.

Russ

I dont think you understand that people who shoot for STRAIGHT SPL, do not care about sound! just get that bish above 150!

Lulz at the youtube expert. How are you not understanding that this is about competition? It's not about what's "cooler" in your book. It's about what puts up better #s on the TL.

48 10's and thats all the flex it creates? Impressive for sure, but for the amount of power and subs I would'nt be showing it off or bragging. No offense to you unless you own the ride and i don't intend to ridecule it, but I've seen many videos of flex, hair tricks etc, it can be done with much less with better results. Of course this is m.o.Thanks for sharing. Russ
Please oh please show us just how many vehicles you've seen that can hit 160s @ 30hz legal. Especially any that can do it "with much less with better results".

48 10's and thats all the flex it creates? Impressive for sure, but for the amount of power and subs I would'nt be showing it off or bragging. No offense to you unless you own the ride and i don't intend to ridecule it, but I've seen many videos of flex, hair tricks etc, it can be done with much less with better results. Of course this is m.o.Thanks for sharing. Russ
You do know that vehicle does a 160 @ 30hz legal right?

Lol no it's not mine, but I would eat a couple babies just to call it my own. But if you're looking for 150+ at >30hz that's pretty much you're going to get into. More cone area than square feet in your house, power that can support a small town, and hours upon hours of installation. Just on quick calculation: 48 SA-10's=$7680 and 12 Sundown 1500D's=$5640, with ofcourse a rounded down 10% discount and free shipping. So you're looking at about $13,000 on those two things alone. Electrical will be ATLEAST a couple more thousand (wiring, batteries, alternator(s)) and construction (box and your vehicle's ability to carry another 1000 lbs). So just a glimpse of what great dedication it takes to make something like that happen. A single $300 sub and some tricky box physics can hit 150dbs @ 50+hz. So when you say that something like the above video is not impressive, it really makes me think what on earth could really be more impressive?

but I've seen many videos of flex, hair tricks etc, it can be done with much less with better results.
Flex means you're losing db's inside the vehicle. Ever see people leaning and pushing on doors/windows/panels while they're getting metered in order to keep the vehicle from flexing and absorbing the soundwaves?

LOL, Sorry I should have worded my comment differently. The video was a flex video from what I saw of the title. That was the only thing I was making a comparison of, so with that being said there are better flex video's. Now I do understand there is a lot of body support, sound deadening etc etc to support that comp vehicle, so of course it will make less flex then a vehicle with basically nothing added.

I don't recall saying that there was a bunch of 160+db video's on youtube, because I have only seen a few and most of those are above 30hz.

160db at 30hz is very impressive and I did say so, it was just the flex I was commenting about.

To finalize, I do beleive I understand it's all about a number and whatever it takes to get it.

I have talked to several local competitor's and they all have said that people who compete with low tuned high 150db vehicles seem to get the most attention, and imo I also think it's more impressive.

Are we all entitled to an opinion? Now understand I'm not saying you guys are wrong or anything like that, I was just giving my opinions and looking to understand things. I don't have an spl vehicle and as of now I don't intend to, however I do have a daily driver and am gonna be upgrading soon and just trying to get an idea of what to do to get the most out of my daily driver. I call this research and hope to have all of it figured out before I start.

So again, I do understand now and I also know it's not what I think is cooler.

When this thread was first started I did'nt realize it was a spl competition thread and is why my concerns and questions on the high tunes was posted.

I'm sorry that I even posted on this thread, trying to learn and understand is difficult sometimes.

Russ

Lulz at the youtube expert. How are you not understanding that this is about competition? It's not about what's "cooler" in your book. It's about what puts up better #s on the TL.

Are we all entitled to an opinion? Now understand I'm not saying you guys are wrong or anything like that, I was just giving my opinions and looking to understand things. I don't have an spl vehicle and as of now I don't intend to, however I do have a daily driver and am gonna be upgrading soon and just trying to get an idea of what to do to get the most out of my daily driver.
I think the issue is that you sometimes come into threads(this is the second I have noticed) acting like a know-it-all and criticizing everything you see, but then say you're just trying to learn. It's different to have an opinion and to say that something isn't worth bragging about, especially when the system itself is louder than 99.9% of those out there.

And saying that more flex can be done with less is just a pointless comment to make. For one, flex doesn't mean anything. Secondly, the build wasn't done to try to get the most flex(which is a retarded concept commonly practiced in Florida). It's simply a badass setup and a flex video was taken. There was no claim of it being the best around. I could make the roof of my old POS '88 Civic hatchback flex 2" with a 145db setup...it depends a lot on the vehicle.

Flex means you're losing db's inside the vehicle. Ever see people leaning and pushing on doors/windows/panels while they're getting metered in order to keep the vehicle from flexing and absorbing the soundwaves?
we do this on all the rides in a arspl event.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.