Is my HU broken ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

SWEET06CAMRY
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys.

I have a Pioneer P80MP and since yesterday the big knob in the middle only works to lower and turn up the volume. I can't foward songs with it or change folders or even go to the main menu....

Is it broken or I can't just somehow reset it or something ???

Thanks guys I really need help....

I have no direct experience with Pioneer's HUs but at a guess i would say try resetting it and see if that clears up the issue (there should be a small reset button, likely recessed into the faceplate somewhat, to be found on the face of the HU somewhere)

I have no direct experience with Pioneer's HUs but at a guess i would say try resetting it and see if that clears up the issue (there should be a small reset button, likely recessed into the faceplate somewhat, to be found on the face of the HU somewhere)
Thanks Prowler.

I'll try and do that hopefully that'll fix it.....

I just bought thih thing like 2 months ago..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Thanks once again.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Don't thank me yet, friend! I haven't a clue as to whether or not that will cure the problem but certainly it is a good place to start, I reckon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

x2 reset might clear things up .

wierd do the controls work from the remote? i havent tried the newer decks check the owners manual make sure the deck doesnt have some sort of "lock" that you accidently turn on .the rest button is on the lower right hand corner of faceplate i think

Thanks guys.

I appreciate all of your help.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll try everything before taking it back to the store, where i bought the extended warranty on it.

I don't wanna take it back because what they'll do is send my HU back to Pioneer to get fixed and all that time it takes to come back i'll be without a HU in my car:crap:

That'll really ****....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

hey man..i currently have the same deck...

my first problem with it...the eject button doesnt work...it doesnt pop open when u turn off the car..and the knob wasnt working at all...so i sent it in for repair...

now...sometimes the screen shuts off....the eject wont work...i hate this deck...im waiting for a new one to get in...

so i have to send my deck in for repair again..its good i have warranty

Hey gang.

I just went to reset my HU and I was able to skip only about 3 songs and it died again......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

So i'm pretty sure it is fuked:crying:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.