Is it better to face the subs towards the rear in the trunk?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 96 honda accord coupe and the subs that im going to buy are a pair of Audioque hdc3 12's. The box im planning to put them in probably will be a probox. Im not sure which amp im going to be using yet, but it should be around in the 3000 watts rms range.

But my question is, is it better to face the box towards the rear or towards the cabin? Ive noticed a lot of videos on youtube having them face inside of the car, and not towards the rear. thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah...only fire forward if you're gonna completely seal it off from the trunk. If not, facing them back works well

example if you're not sure what we mean

60460_150355431668678_100000826675367_211955_4774010_n.jpg

imo i say put them backwards see if you like it, ive always set it up like that.. try bot ways see which one to you sounds better. ill do that today myself. and tell you what i think about it and how loud it gets outside

imo i say put them backwards see if you like it, ive always set it up like that.. try bot ways see which one to you sounds better. ill do that today myself. and tell you what i think about it and how loud it gets outside
dont you want it loud inside?

hell no i want to be heard thats my main goal right now. then if im not wrong its not gunna get that loudness u want inside if you put them like that. but try it out youll notice a big difference

Each application is a bit different. If you get that probox or build a custom enclosure you can always flip it around to see which YOU like better as that will be the decided factor in all of this, what ever your personal opinion will be.

Every vehicle will respond different. I have had some cars where the pushing the box all the way to the rear and having them fire forward worked well. Other cars have sounded better firing toward the rear. Sealing off the box from the trunk is unnecessary in most cases, but you may gain some doing so.

i mean idk how it sounds in the inside.. thats not loud enough for you.. but like others say different cars are going to give you different results and the way you have your box is going to change the results as well. just mess around the box see which way (to you is loud)

great idea...lets spend money and work hard on our systems so it's loud on the outside and not on the inside

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.