Is a Optima Yellowtop D34 A Good Fit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

focused313
10+ year member

Learning With Every Post
Michigan
I have a Dodge Magnum, big 2 upgrade (batt ground and engine ground....alt to batt is already 2ga). My main battery is a Deka Intimidator. I'm looking for a second battery with a system of power hungry Hifonics amps running 1800w RMS total. I can get a Optima d34 for $140.99 brand new from advanced auto. I've read alot of stuff saying XS Power d1200, but its $200+.

Yes, I'm cheap, but I don't want to have to end up getting another battery in the long run, so will the Yellow Top as suffice as a secondary battery for what I'm running?

Thanks.

thats what i did. dual d34's and its a huge improvement over a stock battery. dont listen to anyone, hell dont even listen to me, just do it.

I paid 190 for mine, but it's worth every penny! holds up well with my lousy 70amp alt seeing as how I have a 16-mc2000d and a T600.2 running off it.

I paid 190 for mine, but it's worth every penny! holds up well with my lousy 70amp alt seeing as how I have a 16-mc2000d and a T600.2 running off it.
with a 70amp alt I found I have a lower overall voltage level with two battery's so this is it mounted under the hood stock location.

Diehard AGM $149.99... dare met lol....
diehard.. really.. you're that much of a hater on optima.

idk where this optima hate has come from lately, their batteries are high quality.. yea its not end game stuff here but its easily available, affordable and the warranty is good and its a solid battery all around

the Diehard AGMS are EXTREMELY STRONG! The the platinum 31 is the exact same battery as the Odyssey 2150.. those can be had locally and fairly cheap.

the Diehard AGMS are EXTREMELY STRONG! The the platinum 31 is the exact same battery as the Odyssey 2150.. those can be had locally and fairly cheap.
you are correct sir, nothing beats a diehard AGM when it comes to sub $150 battery's, and i had a couple Kinetics, 1 swelled so i replaced it with a diehard platinum, been 2 years and still going strong... warranty is unbeatable also....

my current build has 1 die hard AGM underhood and 3 diehard platinums in rear... never go's below 14v on my saz2500

can I mix batteries, meaning my starting battery is a Deka 9a34. I'm trying to get another battery to fit in the side pocket, but it most likely won't be a Deka. Does that even matter? I've searched on here and found threads saying different things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.