Is a Capacitor worth it?

an amp ground problem would affect the sound not the car lights

i would go for a bigger or another batt

i use caps & a batt to help with the sound quality not to help the lights but they go hand in hand

ps i use 20x33000mF(0.66F) 16V electrolytic caps in parallel next to my amp

im not sure what the difference is with a digital cap so i stuck with what i know

Capacitors are only good if your electrical can handle it, if it can't then it is another thing draining your battery.

an amp ground problem would affect the sound not the car lights
i would go for a bigger or another batt

i use caps & a batt to help with the sound quality not to help the lights but they go hand in hand

ps i use 20x33000mF(0.66F) 16V electrolytic caps in parallel next to my amp

im not sure what the difference is with a digital cap so i stuck with what i know
You can hear a sound quality difference using caps? LOL okay......

Sounds as tho the consensus is an additional battery?
For what? Nothing scientific can be decided by "consensus" because you will always have more stupid people in the world than smart. That's a proven fact. That's why most people will always live in squallor. There needs to be scientific fact behind each answer. In this case, we have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that capacitors have their purpose. We have also proven that if you compare a battery vs. capacitor you are an idiot because they are dissimilar in their uses. We have also proven that there is no replacement for a large enough alternator... so what did the consensus decide on?

Caps CAN be used as a voltage filter BUT everything else must be up to par. To claim there is a huge difference would be nuts. Caps do not provide the long term backing of the electrical system because they will only recharge to what they are fed in a weak electrical system.

Caps CAN be used as a voltage filter BUT everything else must be up to par. To claim there is a huge difference would be nuts. Caps do not provide the long term backing of the electrical system because they will only recharge to what they are fed in a weak electrical system.
In my case, I have an upgraded alt, agm batt, and 2 runs of 1/0 to the back for 1000 watt class d sub amp and ~400 watt a/b amp for mids and highs.

I use an old Rockford fosgate bd1000a1 for subs and a boston acoustics gt40 for my mids. None of this is junk. I have done the big 3. My grounds are all connected directly to the frame. There is minimal resistance in my electrical system. If I'm listening to mp3's you can't tell the difference. They always sound slightly muddy. If I'm listening to a cd the sq is slightly diminished without my caps. I use all boston acoustics speakers.

I can understand why a lot of you think caps are pointless because you just get in and listen to your rap just to hear a long fart, get people's attention and hear skanky people lie to you about what they have, who they've slept with, who they want to kill, etc. You don't know what sound quality actually is.

To those of us who don't want a loud fart box but want to feel like we're immersed in the music, we can tell the difference between a properly regulated electrical system and an improperly regged one.

My midbass gets snappier with my 3 farads of ultra low esr electrolytic capacitance. My highs get less harsh, etc. I also, have 0 voltage drop. Now don't get me wrong, there is no HUGE difference and truthfully I could live without them. They DO help if properly implemented. They are not very expensive. If you know what you're doing they can be worthwhile. THat is the end of the story. They are not for everyone, but for the true audiophile they help out.

Caps are the **** man!! use about 12 and youre good to go,they help with everything,my truck even starts faster and I get 19 volts with them!!!!!!~~~

(sarcasm)

ive used my bass amp to drive 8 scoopbins with 18" turbomax drivers 1.4KW each i think

and it sounded as good as a crown 4KW mains amp

the difference the caps make is that between 800w-3KW there is more punch

the bass is tighter

without them it just doesnt sound right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.