Internal classic car aerial that works!

Participant count
  • Participant list

dtm0211

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi Guys,
I wish to purchase an internal car antenna/aerial that does not need to be placed/stuck on the windscreen.
I would ideally like to fit it underneath the dash.

I tried one of those cheap 12v booster aerials but it did not work.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance for the replies.

dtm0211

My dad had a street rod that he built a few years ago. He hid a regular car antenna inside of the trunk . he mounted it horizontally at the top of the trunk in front of the hinges. Unless you opened the trunk bent down you would never see it.

Thanks for that but I already have one of those and they do not give me any form of decent signal.
They work, as do most any aerial type you may try, Maybe there is another issue such as the radio, extension cable (is applicable) or terminal input itself?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...
Just the amplifiers use batteries to power it up. The HU are powered up by the car battery supplying 12 volts. The wiring harness...
Not sure what your options are for buying there then. Certainly NOT what we have here and I'd imagine between shipping at VAT tax you'd get...
Well, generally speaking, I would agree. But that is like saying that PRV, Stetsom and Taramps are all the same. Similar maybe, but not the same...
It is an L port. You might as well add three 45's. Add one by the leg of the L and the two that I showed you in my other post.

About this thread

dtm0211

CarAudio.com Newbie
dtm0211
ireland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from