Installing Alarm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

>>SQL<<
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
I really want an alarm for my beater 1997 Honda Accord

It has more $$ in equipment then the car is worth.

I bought all the stuff that is in it back when I had some money.

I am out of work now so I really cannot afford the $200 that it cost to have an alarm installed.

I have installed many stereo systems how hard is it to install an alarm myself.

The car already has power door locks.

Is there a website that would tell me the wire colors and where the best place to tap them is for my car?

What alarm would be best for a 1st timer to install?

Thanks for the help in advance.

yes there is it is called 12volt you will find a lot of goood goood info there man. if you want a simple alarm that is the easiest to install. but if you go with remote start that kind of gets confusing, but go to that link and youll find the info that you're looking for

really depends on the alarm... if its a simple alarm with just a simple voltage monitor... then the instillation will be simple... but those are also easier to defeat..

if its a more complicated alarm (starter cut out, alternate power supply, remote start, etc..) you'll have to splice into the stock wiring harness... which can be a lil more compicated... bulldog does make some wiring harness's for their alarms that will do the majority of the work for you... but those are vehicle specific... so that would just depend on your vehicles make

Can't remember who I bought mine from (someone on ebay) alarm + remote start.... was around 100$ and they sent me printout of all the relavent wires for my ride. I ended up buying a black box to do my door locks though (much simpler than a nest of relays).

ok I checked out the site 12volt.

Pretty good info there.

It has the listing of each of the color wires I need and the general best location to find them.

Does not seem to hard.

I am bidding on a Clifford Alarm right now with auto start (used but with box and directions) and If I do not win that then I found an AutoPage alarm without Auto Start that is only $40

Do you think I would be alright with this one?

Ebay Alarm Auto Page

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.