Installed aftermarket stereo in Jeep. Now no sound!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
So, my sister has a 2007 Jeep Commander with the Boston Acoustics amplifier. I installed a pioneer stereo/nav yesterday with the PAC interface harness I ordered from crutchfield. Initially when I wired it up and plugged it into the harness in the vehicle everything worked great, am, fm, CD played, sounded great. Then, I mounted the receiver, ran the GPS antenna, ran the IPOD adapter, and buttoned everything up. After putting everything together....nothing....the receiver powered up, looked good, but nothing out of the speakers!!!! So I pulled the unit out and checked all the wiring (actually re-wired everything)and still nothing. So, getting late, I decided to put the stock radio back in and attack it another day and everything worked fine with the stock radio back in.

Everywhere I read says that on this vehicle the factory amp needs to be bypassed in order for an aftermarket reciever to work. When I called crutchfield technical support though They said all I would need is The PAC interface. Even though, why would everything work fine one minute, and the next I have no sound. Any help would be great.

Does the pac unit have power? Did it go bad? If everything worked one minute and you put everything back together i would think a wire got caught and could have popped something in the Pac unit.

Does the pac unit have power? Did it go bad? If everything worked one minute and you put everything back together i would think a wire got caught and could have popped something in the Pac unit.
PAC unit does have power. Little red light on the box goes on and the 1a fuse is still in tact.

I figure the only thing I can do now is check to see if there is 12v at the amp turn on (blue/white). If there is 12v, then I will just wire a speaker up straight from the output of the aftermarket radio to see if there isnt something internally wrong with the aftermarket head unit.

Also, the instructions say that with the BA (Boston Acoustics) commanders you have to wire the front outputs of the aftermarket radio to the rear inputs of the connector, Which i did not do. I wired the front outputs to the front inputs ect..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.