Infinity or Alpine???

I have the Type 6x9s... actually I just blew one recently so I need another set.

Type Rs: They get freaking loud, many people don't like the sound, but I use mine for rear fill and they sound great. The tweeter is nice and clear, and the midbass is solid too. They need to be amped to sound good though.

Kappas: Heard them at best buy, decent mid bass but the tweeter is pretty harsh.

I owned both. OP, you just need to listen to them both and decide for yourself. I'd do Infinity between those two. The Alpine tweeter sounds tiny and doesn't standout IMO. An installer told me this before I got the Alpine and I didn't believe him. I sold those Alpine so quick. I expected better from Alpine. They don't ****, but they just have a dull sound compared to the Infinities. The Alpine are also power hungry.

I owned both. OP, you just need to listen to them both and decide for yourself. I'd do Infinity between those two. The Alpine tweeter sounds tiny and doesn't standout IMO. An installer told me this before I got the Alpine and I didn't believe him. I sold those Alpine so quick. I expected better from Alpine. They don't ****, but they just have a dull sound compared to the Infinities. The Alpine are also power hungry.
Basically stating what I said, amp the Type-Rs... Infinities have very harsh tweeters.

Basically stating what I said, amp the Type-Rs... Infinities have very harsh tweeters.
I don't know why people say they're harsh. You can make Infinity tweeters sound as dead or dull as any other tweeter. Some say the same about Focal, and those are some of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. Best buy can make the best speaker sound bad. I've heard the new Kappas 3-way 6x9's on some Bass Mekanik and almost sounded like subs were in the trunk.

Yes, i would consider others....how is the pioneer premier series? those are kinda sticken out now....a little less pricey

my budget is about 150-200 for just speakers(the lower the better kinda but if alpine or infinity's are really good.....i will get them)

I don't know why people say they're harsh. You can make Infinity tweeters sound as dead or dull as any other tweeter. Some say the same about Focal, and those are some of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. Best buy can make the best speaker sound bad. I've heard the new Kappas 3-way 6x9's on some Bass Mekanik and almost sounded like subs were in the trunk.
Because they are and Infinity is probably one of the top worst brands to buy in the market of car audio along w/ Boss and Lanzar.....so yeah................................Alpines would be a better choice OP

Yes, i would consider others....how is the pioneer premier series? those are kinda sticken out now....a little less pricey
my budget is about 150-200 for just speakers(the lower the better kinda but if alpine or infinity's are really good.....i will get them)
Check your PM

Try find a deal on some JL audio 7.7 inch marine speakers. I will guarantee they will hit harder and sound twice as clean as any 6x9 that costs as much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.