In terms of budget subs, which is better...

zorphon
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
US
Two Kenwood kfc-w112s 12" -or- Two Earthquake Sound TNT-12s 12"?

I have the Kenwoods now, but the Earthquake Sound ones are on sale at SonicElectronix here.

Would the Earthquake Sound ones be any better? The magnet on each is 120oz vs the kenwoods 29oz.

I have an Audiopipe APSM-1500 powering.

What's your budget?
Err. Sorry I should have clarified. My point is I have the Kenwoods now and am happy with them as I just am a commuter and wanted a little bump in the trunk.

I have a $50 store credit at Sonic, so I could spend another $50 and have a pair of those Earthquakes and just replace my Kenwoods with those, since the magnet is a lot bigger I assumed the subs might be an upgrade.

Err. Sorry I should have clarified. My point is I have the Kenwoods now and am happy with them as I just am a commuter and wanted a little bump in the trunk.
I have a $50 store credit at Sonic, so I could spend another $50 and have a pair of those Earthquakes and just replace my Kenwoods with those, since the magnet is a lot bigger I assumed the subs might be an upgrade.
Dont bother... Use that for wire or something and save up for another set of good subs...

Maybe get some 1/0 for the big 3 upgrade...
My electrical is completely stable now! I fixed the ground that the stupid shop did and now my battery/alt is making 14v idle and my amp is getting 13.9v, only dropping to 13.7 on 80% of my HU volume. (Which is what I set my gain with, so full tilt). I don't have any more dimming or anything anymore, it was all the ground. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Maybe get some 1/0 for the big 3 upgrade...
My electrical is completely stable now! I fixed the ground that the stupid shop did and now my battery/alt is making 14v idle and my amp is getting 13.9v, only dropping to 13.7 on 80% of my HU volume. (Which is what I set my gain with, so full tilt). I don't have any more dimming or anything anymore, it was all the ground. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

look into ssa dcons, sundown e series, tc epic, maybe sundown sa's if you can afford them, aq sdc2.5's, incriminator i series...
How would an APSM-1500 do powering those?

You're not going to notice much of a difference between 2 mediocre subs like that, on the same power, and in the same box.

If you really want more and better sound, I'd suggest keep an eye out for some good used subs, and more importantly, getting a proper ported enclosure designed and built for them.

look into ssa dcons, sundown e series, tc epic, maybe sundown sa's if you can afford them, aq sdc2.5's, incriminator i series...
Looking for a budget sub aswell. You familiar with the Incriminator I series at all? I was looking at the SA E, but the Incriminator is much shallower which is my main issue right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.