Important question on shipment

xpl0it
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
everywhere
Iceteebone recently bought a game off me and I shipped it via USPS standard mail in a "Air-v-lope" or whatever name they are called. Anyways, I was there and iceteebone had only given me 4 digits out of his zip code so the postman there caught it and looked up his city and mentioned that it was a good thing it was a small city or it would have had multiple zip codes. It was just over $3.00 for shipping but I didn't do the option where they contact you if it's delivered. Anyways, I shipped it out, not last thursday, but the thursday before I'm sure and I would have thought it woudl reach him by last monday, but he keeps pm'ing me every few days saying "still hasn't come...". I trust him from his reputable posts and post count and we are both verified paypal members, but what can I do as a seller to see if it was delivered or not. Is the post office able to tell if it was delivered? I shipped it to his PO Box, so could the USPS center possibly track it's acceptance? I'm just getting frustrated as a seller and I know he's probably getting frustrated as a buyer as well. I've sold my modded xbox, 2 18" XXXs, and my laptop on these forums but haven't had any issues with shipment. Thanks.

If you shipped it Media Mail with no tracking mechanism (such as Delivery Confirmation, Signature Confirmation, etc) then I do not think there is any method for the postal service to verify delivery //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

tracking is only offered w/express mail (which ends up being more expensive than UPS or Fed Ex anyways)...you can get delivery confirmation for $.60 cents more on any type of mail USPS, which is a good idea if you are sending a money order, but I always leave it up to the buyer to decide on insurance, etc.......neither is offered for out of the country shipments usually....

Well I really hope he receives his package sometime soon, I feel pretty bad about it. I didn't know it could take a couple weeks for delivery, I hope that's just the case.

tracking is only offered w/express mail (which ends up being more expensive than UPS or Fed Ex anyways)...you can get delivery confirmation for $.60 cents more on any type of mail USPS, which is a good idea if you are sending a money order, but I always leave it up to the buyer to decide on insurance, etc.......neither is offered for out of the country shipments usually....
There is no "usually" about it. Once it leaves the confines of the US of A the USPS retains no control over the letter/package/whatever it is and as such they offer no insurance or tracking or whatever since they cannot make certain it goes where it is supposed to once it leaves their hands.

Delivery Confirmation is .60 so I suggest that next time otherwise you can't track it w/o anything. I've had packages take up to a month to be delivered so hopefully it gets there

I dont understand why you didnt do first class with confirmation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

Delivery Confirmation is .60 so I suggest that next time otherwise you can't track it w/o anything. I've had packages take up to a month to be delivered so hopefully it gets there
x2, always buy delivery confirmation or at least get the address correct. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

xpl0it

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
xpl0it
everywhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies