Image Dynamics IDQ10V3.D4 VS Soundsplinter RL-i 10 D4

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thumper88
10+ year member

I hate to do a VS thread...but I'm doing it.

Not sure which to go with, I'd like to put a pair of either subs in a relatively small box, sealed. Will be powered off a RF Power1000 sub channel ~1000 wrms @ 1 ohm. The huge power1000 will be going inbetween the two subs, thus the need for a relatively small box.

The "audiophile" recommendation for the IDQ is 1.1 cu ft. While the "optimal" box for the RL-i is .65 cu ft, which will definitely save some space if it can perform equally well as the IDQ in a 1.1 cu ft box.

My current set up is using a 1.2 cu ft sealed box with a CDT SQ-12, which I love. Just want more output and want to use the sub channel of a power1000 I just got to it's full potential. I love the SQ of the subwoofer, very accurate-no sloppiness. So I'd like to keep that....

There is a guy that i know and that R/T Pimp knows very well, that uses a single 10" ID max on a old Lanzar amp i think its a 1000d and it slams, he does SQ and by far the best Sq vehicle i have ever been in, i cant say nothing bad about the ID maxs, and i know he put it on a 2007 Us Amps AX2000 at around 1500-1800wrms got very loud, and thats in a 1 cu.ft sealed inclouser, so i would say IDs!

if memory serves me correctly you can take the IDQs down to .9 cubic foot. but going one cubic foot per idq for 2 idqs ran off that power 1000 i can promise you will be satisfied. i run my 2 IDQv3 d4 in a 2 cubic foot box seperated chambers off my Q1200.1 and i love it and it's very loud.

edit i just noticed you said 10s you can go smaller yet. "Sealed .75 to .9 cuft range is my suggestion. If you like a sound with lots of bottom end go .9 or for more balance go .75 cuft." per say Eric Stevens

just watch your gain control and distortion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.