I'm ordering my FI BTL 18 need some help with the options.

Glock23
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
il
Amp: Kicker ZX1500.1 Mono amplifier

(copying from there page)

What I think I need:

Configure Speaker:

Ohm: Dual 2

P Chamfer: yes

Cooling: Yes

HiXmCoil: Yes

Daily or SPL: IM NOT sure because I want to comp in SPL but I also want to lisen to it everyday

Universal: What does this mean????

the universal is for reconing purposes, I think..

also, are you intending to use this in the semi sealed setup, in the spare tire well you have a post about?

You want:

HiXM coil

Cooling

Daily

/thread.

DO NOT get SPL unless you are ONLY going to compete in SPL. If you're going to use it daily... AT ALL EVER... get the daily. You do NOT need P.Chamfer if you get cooling, it comes with the Full Cooling.

nG

"Universal: This option gives you the choice to later chance the impedence of your voice coils. You can change from dual 2’s to dual 1’s and vice versa by reconing them. If you do not choose this option your motor(s) will be optimized per the coil resistance that you have chosen. (Dual 2’s will forever be a dual 2 motor, Dual 1 will forever be a Dual 1 motor)."

You want:
HiXM coil

Cooling

Daily

/thread.

DO NOT get SPL unless you are ONLY going to compete in SPL. If you're going to use it daily... AT ALL EVER... get the daily. You do NOT need P.Chamfer if you get cooling, it comes with the Full Cooling.

nG

^^

Noah hit it on the head, Universal is just the bigger dual 2ohm gap, so you can change between either a dual 1 or dual 2ohm coil down the road if you choose to do so.

Thanks!

-Nick

You want:
HiXM coil

Cooling

Daily

/thread.

nG
Power Chamfer I would not think is an option on the BTL since it has a solid T-Yoke!

bigger amp for sure man. i mean 1500ish watts will get it going, but those things shine with 2500w and up. i recommend 3kw - 4kw

You want:
HiXM coil

Cooling

Daily

/thread.

nG
well you need the third magnet too with the hixm coil (i believe).

also, im waiting on a response from nick (ndmstang) about a certain issue ive come upon. i seem to have found a post from scott that says, if you get a "fully loaded" btl, they will not add the spl option.

im assuming this means if you select the fully loaded version of the BTL, and the SPL option they still wont add it to the motor, evel if selected, due to the high excursion use its going to see anyways (which would make it a weak point with the tiny gap). not 100% sure, but thats what scotts post said and nick is currently trying to confirm it with scott for me. it makes sense though.

btw: i wouldnt get the btl with that power. i mean you can use it, but you're underpowering it by a decent amount. i would go for a BL with that amp. ive been running my 15" btl off a kx2500 (birthsheet says 2.96kw @ 2 ohms) and in ~4.5 @ 33hz it can still take a bit more (of course its not seeing full power due to box rise, but when paired with a similar box rise off the 1500.1, you're starting to severely underpower the sub). i also dont see how much more efficiency you can try to gain by making the box bigger without starting to negatively effect the sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.