I'm crying right now, I need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, I got myself a lc7i unit and I'm having a bit of a problem making it work. Let me describe the way I set up. I have a 2010 f150 with the basic stereo system (4 speakers).

I bought a metra harness cause didn't want to cut factory harness. I also bought a speed wire (9 wires) to make it easier to connect the lc7i.

So I cut the metra harness speaker wires (8 wires) and connected the speed wire which is pretty straight forward. Next, without cutting the red +12 volts wire (just removing some insulation) from the metra harness, I connected the remaining wire from the speedwire to it leaving me with one black ground wire and one yellow 12 volt constant.

Then I brought all these wires to the lc7i proceeding to connecting them in the speakers input, and in the +12 volt input. Then I grounded the lc7i to a verified ground.

Inside the lc7i the auto mode is on since I only have 2 speakers and I tried the GTO feature to ON and to Defeat mode and nothing is working!

Is there anything I did wrong with my connections?

Is there any other way I can try the lc7i to make sure it is working?

I really need your help, thank you very much for your help.

P.S. If you go to my profile, you will see a picture on how I wire all this.

12 volt constant is not in use? have you tried splicng the 12 volt constant along with the 12 volt positive?

not sure on that harness

Hi, I got myself a lc7i unit and I'm having a bit of a problem making it work. Let me describe the way I set up. I have a 2010 f150 with the basic stereo system (4 speakers).
I bought a metra harness cause didn't want to cut factory harness. I also bought a speed wire (9 wires) to make it easier to connect the lc7i.

So I cut the metra harness speaker wires (8 wires) and connected the speed wire which is pretty straight forward. Next, without cutting the red +12 volts wire (just removing some insulation) from the metra harness, I connected the remaining wire from the speedwire to it leaving me with one black ground wire and one yellow 12 volt constant.

Then I brought all these wires to the lc7i proceeding to connecting them in the speakers input, and in the +12 volt input. Then I grounded the lc7i to a verified ground.

Inside the lc7i the auto mode is on since I only have 2 speakers and I tried the GTO feature to ON and to Defeat mode and nothing is working!

Is there anything I did wrong with my connections?

Is there any other way I can try the lc7i to make sure it is working?

I really need your help, thank you very much for your help.

P.S. If you go to my profile, you will see a picture on how I wire all this.
Let me know if you figure it out man Im in the same boat as you

12 volt constant is not in use? have you tried splicng the 12 volt constant along with the 12 volt positive?
not sure on that harness
Do you mean connecting the 12 volt constant with the +12volts ignition together.

Doesn't that mean that if I use the 12 volts constant there will be always power to my lc7i which will lead to the drainage of my battery?

Do you mean connecting the 12 volt constant with the +12volts ignition together.
Doesn't that mean that if I use the 12 volts constant there will be always power to my lc7i which will lead to the drainage of my battery?
yes

well. my radio needs the 12 volt constant and the 12 volt positive to work. and my battery never dies.

my volt meter is hooked up to it as well. my voltage meter turns off when i turn my radio off.

Excuse my ignorance but could you explain what is the difference between the red +12volt and the yellow 12 volt constant? And this is not sarcasm, it is the first time ever I try to do this.

Thanks

Constant 12V+ (Battery) retaining clock time when car is off, alarms remote starts etc, usually very low milliamp consumption

Switched 12V+ (Accessory) powers when the key hit acc position or the ignition is turned on.

Thanks, now it is clearer and this is why I'm wondering why my lc7i didn't turn on when I put my key in and turned it to accessory and even try while the truck was running but yet nothing.

This is how I hook everything up.

lc7i wiring diagram - CarAudio.com Audio Gallery

Do you know if there's a way how I could try it so I could make sure it's not a faulty lc7i? Ok, I'm just saying something that might make me look stupid but whatever... can you use a battery charger just to see if the light will come on? Positive in +12volt input and ground it somewhere?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.