i need a sub

are you saying dd is better than orion and massive audio?

i was looking at the cab ultra but its 165 shipping

the fu looks promising but iv never heard of it so i have to do hw on it aka youtube etc

There is no way possible you can know this without measuring it yourself. The gain will differ in each installation, for example, the gain on my amps don't even need to be 1/4 of the way up to reach clipping.
My guess would be overpowered and not clipped seeing as how it has a 1600 watt amp on a 600 watt sub.

I would suggest contacting SSA and see if they ship free to Hawaii for orders over $100.
MOST amps gain position is between the 1/4 and 1/2 way mark. Could be with 4-5v HU's. Now if your talking higher voltage pre outs that have 8v which isn't very many on the market, it could very well be but since the OP didn't mention HU brand and model number, Imma guess the gain is a lil too high.

are you saying dd is better than orion and massive audio?i was looking at the cab ultra but its 165 shipping

the fu looks promising but iv never heard of it so i have to do hw on it aka youtube etc
Ive got no experience with the fu but they look really good. The magnet is massive as well. I was actually looking into those 1250's a few days ago for a potential build for my brother. I bet you would be happy with it

another point to fu sub. i would love a sundown i feel thats top dog from what i read and hear. even psi iv heard of and the fl and soundqubed and american bass and of course the main kicker etc. but never heard of fu or massive audio and whenever someone brings up orion its the hcca.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-X3800BHS-Receiver-Bluetooth-SiriusXM-Ready/dp/B017LKVEBA

thats my HU

i appreciate you guys linking all the subs. opens my eyes to a lot of options but now the problem is i have a lot of options. the fu looks promising with the claim of 1500rms way more and closer than the dd1512 which was 600rms and the fu weighs like 43 pounds which is like double the dd which i like. for some reason i feel im getting more of a product weighing more.

The FU is the way to go. Trust man. The Orion is not crap. It's just a mainstream sub and mainstream subs get hated on on the forums. But the FU is a really nice sub. I have used the 750 and was impressed. It is your best option and with this sale is unbeatable.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

another point to fu sub. i would love a sundown i feel thats top dog from what i read and hear. even psi iv heard of and the fl and soundqubed and american bass and of course the main kicker etc. but never heard of fu or massive audio and whenever someone brings up orion its the hcca.https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-X3800BHS-Receiver-Bluetooth-SiriusXM-Ready/dp/B017LKVEBA

thats my HU

i appreciate you guys linking all the subs. opens my eyes to a lot of options but now the problem is i have a lot of options. the fu looks promising with the claim of 1500rms way more and closer than the dd1512 which was 600rms and the fu weighs like 43 pounds which is like double the dd which i like. for some reason i feel im getting more of a product weighing more.
They are a new forum company.

yeah I like the xtr pro but as has been said orion ain't what it used to be (or maybe never was what was thought) that FU is about impossible to beat with your shipping problem and should work great with your amp too..
Orion was to of the line Orion hcca red amps like the 250 275. The old hcca were tc sound subs tc9 to be exact. Same thing on soundsplinter rlp etc

I will put money hands down the sundown SA or FU 1250 will kill that Orion xtr pro
Have you heard one. show me a bad review. You speak rhetoric. Forum spew. I recommended the FU. But to call the ORION trsh, you are speaking out of nothing. It would be like you saying a w6 is trash. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Have you heard one. show me a bad review. You speak rhetoric. Forum spew. I recommended the FU. But to call the ORION trsh, you are speaking out of nothing. It would be like you saying a w6 is trash. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
The w6 is more SQ and not worth the retail price. For the new price yes not worth it

The w6 is more SQ and not worth the retail price. For the new price yes not worth it
How is it not worth the new price. It's pretty hard to beat for its flat response Vs any other sub in its price range. Except maybe for the flatlyne

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.