I need a manual for an HCCA-D5000

Participant count
  • Participant list

SkwurlyFab
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SD
Does anybody know where I can find one online cuz I just installed this thing and somethings not working right. It'll pound but then the speakers cut out and stop playing. Neither of my amps are going into protect. I'm not getting any voltage drops and I've taken readings at the battery, comp amp, and sub amp. I can't figure out what it is and I just need to see if I missed something that the manual could explain.

Any quick help finding an online manual would be great. Thanks

I just gave it a shot, I figured it wasn't right, but if it wasn't he got would get the message

Nonetheless, you are right

I was wrong

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

CT

yeah there's no manual on either of those sites.

it's so weird, it's just my comp amp thats cutting out. but when it cuts out its still reading a full 12.xx+ volts.

but when it cuts out the speaker output drops from 10vAC to like .3.

so it seems like the amp should be going into protect but it's not. It's a JL 300/4 and it's always been reliable, it's never done this before.

it almost seems as if the 5000 is ******* all the juice from the 300/4 but it's still getting a full 12v I dunno.

well let me clue you in on something I've recentley found out you can hang up goood support on the amps online see they want you to go to an orion certified installer which of course is directed audio be wary the information in the manual as far as wiring your speakers is wrong at least it was on my HCCA amp mines a bit smaller but tech support gave me the wrong info as well. I would definentley consult somone who has been installing them for awhile and my first amp popped without even blowing a fuse. They replaced the amp and the one I have now I have not had any problems out of but i did have to consult somone who was very knowledgable about orion because the wiring diagrams were wrong and I don't think tech support has gotten up to speed yet on these amps either. They are great amps but you better make sure you get it right the first time because if they keep going on and off like that it's going to break and it won't blow a fuse. The orion amps are really good and the mid range subs are awesome their top of the line sub has problems and will nto hit nearly as hard as the mid range line with half the power. i think the mid range new orions kept the old XTR desighn this year and this new desighn on their highest end sub still has problems. i say get back to basics nothing will hot like the old orion subs period no sub comes close and I have knocked out alot of higher end JL kicker and others in SPL comps my tens hit twice as hard as their 12's go figure so my advice to you is find somone who knows orions old and new stuff well find a veteran. i found mine at a ferrari dealership he tuned it in and wired it correctley but he was the one who also verified the manual is wrong. and if you buy their subs which I highly recomend go for the mid range subs all sizes up to 15 inch are basicaly the same desighn as the old XTR's with just a little bit more magnet. I hope this helps you because it confused me with my amp for about two weeks and the people who know want you to pay to have it installed right because they know the way they are supposed to be wired and have the right diagrams and know the right wiring points which are misprinted on the amps. get professional help with this one with that big of an amp don't run the risk of blowing it up.

I don't want orion subs lol. But yeah does anyone know what the EPS feature is on this amp? It cames with a bunch of extra wires with some connectors on the ends, red yellow and black wires. Thats what I want the manual for I have no idea what all this extra **** is for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.