I gotz some HIDs

I want to get 8000k but im sure cops won't allow it.
back then they used to trip but now that everybodys getting them they dont do anything...ive had my 8000k for more than 2 years and ive been pulled over but not for my lights.

I have the 600k myself don't know how I drove without them at night. I would suggest not putting them in your high beams. It takes them a sec or two to get full output. On and off quickly is not healthy for them. Maybe if you do alot night country driving...

I have an 89 F150 and i have been wondering about how i would go about doing HID's in it. I have a single bulb for high beam and low beam. I dont know how to even approach it.

I have an 89 F150 and i have been wondering about how i would go about doing HID's in it. I have a single bulb for high beam and low beam. I dont know how to even approach it.
Pmed back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have the 600k myself don't know how I drove without them at night. I would suggest not putting them in your high beams. It takes them a sec or two to get full output. On and off quickly is not healthy for them. Maybe if you do alot night country driving...
That's all I do is country driving basically. Or at least that's the only time I ever feel like I need high beams. I've spent too much time driving down the same highway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Projector housings vs reflector housings... they are very bright and work much better than stock but yes they will blind everyone but me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

he Kelvin (K) is the unit of color temperature. 4100K is the brightest, most natural white light similar to that of daytime sunlight, and therefore the HID color temperature used most in the OEM automotive industry. When you look at the light coming directly out of an HID headlight, it possesses a bit of a blue or purple hue which most people recognize as the expensive, elegant look characteristic of HID's. For this reason, some HID kit manufacturers produce 5400K, 6500K, 8000K, etc. bulbs that give an even more distinct blue hue but at the expense of overall light output. For comparison, most halogen headlights have a color temperature around 3200K which gives them a "dingy" yellowish appearance compared to HID's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date