HOW to: Draw perfect circle?

gigabit
10+ year member

the search function didn't yield any results for me, sorry if this is a repeat question.

my speaker didn't include a cutout for the speaker cut-out slot on the box which im going to make.

how did you guys go about drawing a circle for your speaker cut out? i have the eD 13av.2.

Thanks!

compass, ruler with holes drilled in it, find something with the same diameter of the circle you want... there are tons of ways to draw a circle. maybe you should have someone build your box for you

make your own compass. i use a scrap piece of mdf. put a nail in it where the center point of the subwoofer is goint go to and measure the radius out and drill a hole. stick a pencil in that hole and rotate the piece of mdf to draw out your circle.

compass, ruler with holes drilled in it, find something with the same diameter of the circle you want... there are tons of ways to draw a circle. maybe you should have someone build your box for you
I politely disagree. Everyone should start making their own boxes if they want. It's a good learning experience and can be quite fun.

Best of luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks guys. i have made 1 box previously but it was convenient b/c image dynamics gave me a cut out.

im going to try some of those suggested ideas to see what works best.

Thumbs up.

not going to do the freehand circle drawing like the chalkboard guy tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

A perfect circle isnt the problem, cutting that perfect circle has always been my problem.

I dont mess with wood often enough for it to make sense buying a router and a Jasper jig, so the circles dont come out perfect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.