High end Component help

Buying new components right away but need some advice on what i should purchase. They are going in a corvette and are going to be paired with a jl audio xd500/3v2 amp. The amp is going to be powering a jl audio 10w3v3. Only thing i am waiting for to do my install is a nice set of components. Here are the ones i am looking into purchasing. Looking to stay under or near $300. Image Dynamics-CTX65cs, HERTZ-ESK-165.5, Focal 165VB or 165 V15, Jl audio C3 or C5. Please help me out. Im not the best at differences with all these brands but i do have a nice ear for good quality music. Thanks for the help everyone.

see what you can find local to listen to, there might be other brands that you would like other then the ones you listed, not that they are bad sets or anything. I personally would want to find out more on the hertz and focals, give them a listen.

So i finally made my purchase. I got a set of Image Dynamics-CTX65cs. I picked them up for under $200 brand new from sonic electronix. I am very excited for the install and results. The car is going to be completely sound proofed with peel and seal. Head unit is Pioneed DEH80prs, Image Dynamics-CTX65cs, JL Adio 10W3v3-4, JL Audio XD500/3v2, and rear speakers just for fill are a set of 5 1/4" pioneer ts-a's. Not too shabby if you ask me.

what was your total for the set up, also that peel and seal will have an asphalt smell in the summer, see if you can get a different product, once you use it, it will be a nightmare to remove and it will be very hard to get rid of the smell even after you remove it, I hate to see you go thru that.

I got my audison voce's around $275 used, they were a display model. If you're willing to spend around $300 used for a good set look into those.

Pioneer DEH80PRS-$350 with vehicle specific harness, Jl Audio 10w3v3 with box built for corvette-$275, Image Dynamics CTX65cs components-$200, Jl Audio xd500/3v2 amp $300. All items were purchased new. And I live in Miami where its always hot and I don't really smell the peal and seal. There's is a hint of asphalt smell when I first put it in but that's pretty much gone. Going to install everything soon hopefully.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.