Hi new member with a question about speaker wire

Bryanb

Kansas
I'm getting ready to upgrade to a couple of dvc subs and I wanna run 8 gauge wire but the terminals on the subs don't look big enough to wire properly with 8, according to the wiring diagrams on crutchfields web site I need 3 wires coming off the positive and negative of the first sub how can I fit all that into one terminal or will I have to go to a smaller gauge any advice is greatly appreciated thanks.

I'm getting ready to upgrade to a couple of dvc subs and I wanna run 8 gauge wire but the terminals on the subs don't look big enough to wire properly with 8, according to the wiring diagrams on crutchfields web site I need 3 wires coming off the positive and negative of the first sub how can I fit all that into one terminal or will I have to go to a smaller gauge any advice is greatly appreciated thanks.
for that i would probly try to use 10ga, it will probly be alittle easier. whats subs are you getting

Saw a post a while back, someone at a competition changed out their nice 10ga speaker wire with cheapo walmart 16ga, there was a difference of .1db and no audible difference. You do not need 8ga wire.

Yea I saw that post to very surprising but I wanna get the most out of my setup I will prolly go with 10 and make that work I'm gettin 2 fosgate p3d4 12s thanks for the replies.

just look at the tinsel leads and that will give you an idea of what is needed. larger wire won't make any difference.

for your case, when trying to parallel sets, you may need to add some bolts in the box for landing multiple wires. that way only one wire per terminal is needed. you will need ring terminals for the bolts.

just look at the tinsel leads and that will give you an idea of what is needed. larger wire won't make any difference.
for your case, when trying to parallel sets, you may need to add some bolts in the box for landing multiple wires. that way only one wire per terminal is needed. you will need ring terminals for the bolts.
yea this will work. i like my boxes done this way

Do I need more than one set it has terminals on the box already I want to wire them in series so I just need to run wires between the subs right.

yea this will work. i like my boxes done this way
I have no clue why i never thought of this. Where can i get terminals for 12 gauge? It's either that 3 way butt connectors or maybe some large crimp caps. But that seems like the best way to go

I have no clue why i never thought of this. Where can i get terminals for 12 gauge? It's either that 3 way butt connectors or maybe some large crimp caps. But that seems like the best way to go
advance auto, auto zone, o'reilys, walmart etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.