Hertz subs vs. DD subs on a Audison SR1Dk

Participant count
  • Participant list

MarkAm

Ok guys, I'm working on a totally new system for my 2006 Chevy Silverado extended cab. So far I have installed the Kenwood KDC X-997 HU, the Focal 6.5" performance components for front stage powered by an Arc Audio KS-300.2, and a pair of Polk DB 4x6's in the rear door powered by HU for rear fill. I'm planning on a ported box to go under the rear seat. I'll have approx 2.8 cu ft (after seat is raised)to install 2-10" subs. The subs will likely be powered by an Audison SR1Dk (1200w rms).

I've basically narrowed it down to either the Hertz Hi Energy or the Digital Design 1510's. I am limited on shops locally that I can audition anything else in that is in the same range. If anyone has any input on performance, reliability, SQ, SPL, etc.,it would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has any better options on either subs or amp, I'm open to hear them.

I listen to all genres but mostly rock, metal, and some hip hop/rap. I'm more concerned with SQ than SPL.

Ok. Thanks for the input. Do you see any issues powering two 10's with a SR1Dk? Or do you recommend something else in the same price range? Thanks again.

i'd say for volume/spl go for the dd, but you'll get better sound quality imo with the hertz (both in recommended enclosures)

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.