Help!

guapman

Okay I recently bought 2 sundowns sa 12s d2 from a local with a box for 250$.I was looking into amps and I was thinking of getting the alpine mrv 12000 which does 1200 rms at 2ohms. I was thinking of hooking the subs separately at 2ohms( i know they are going to be very underpowered)So my question is

1. Should I sell these subs and get a 2 sundown sa 12s d4 that can be wired to 1ohm

2. Should I proceed and get the alpine mrv1200

Any suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks.

no you should just run the subs together in series/parallel at 2 ohms which matches the mrv 1200's 2 ohm load specs.

If your electrical is beefed up a bit, i'd spring for an alpine mrp 2000 if possible, but the mrv 1200 will easily get the job done if thats all you can find.

Okay I recently bought 2 sundowns sa 12s d2 from a local with a box for 250$.I was looking into amps and I was thinking of getting the alpine mrv 12000 which does 1200 rms at 2ohms. I was thinking of hooking the subs separately at 2ohms( i know they are going to be very underpowered)So my question is 1. Should I sell these subs and get a 2 sundown sa 12s d4 that can be wired to 1ohm

2. Should I proceed and get the alpine mrv1200

Any suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks.
if they ported 600rms per sub is fine not perfect but fine., yeah if u can get a bigger amp be better but for what u paid i'd keep that a while unless u want world shattering bass 2 ported 12's with 1200rms will be good (i ran 2 12's sealed with 600rms for 15 yrs).. if subs aren't ported either get nice ported box or sell them for $300 get 1 FU 750 12 in a custom ported box with a 1k-1200rms amp and it'll be nice..

If I run them in Parallel wouldn’t the final be .5ohm since each is 2ohm dvc
wire the coils in series aka pos to negative which makes each woofer 4 ohms total reading. Then wire woofers parallel together to the amp which splits into 2 ohms. aka series/parallel wiring.

A pair of d4 subs you can wire to 4 or 1 ohm

a pair of d2 subs you can wire 2 ohm or half ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.