Help with wiring new subwoofers

mgoetter

That would be a .5 ohm load on that amp. I would run that amp at a 2 ohm load which would be each sub in series and then parallel to the amp.
thanks for the reply, so wiring should look like this?

2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

and coming into the amp should look like this?

View attachment 26551075

So I can't wire these subs at 1 ohm? Main reason I was shooting for 1 ohm is the RMS of the subwoofers (i think it was around 1000). Wonder how they would perform at 2 ohms (link for subs Amazon - Power Acoustik Gothic

Yes wire it like that or your amp is going to overheat or turn off. To wire it to 1ohm, you would need 4ohm dual voice coil subs. If you wire it at a 2ohm load you arent pushing the subs to their full potential but your system will operate correctly.

Thank you for the help so far.

I should've looked into wiring a little bit more before I bought my subs. I'd really like to get my stereo wired at 1 ohm. I'm considering keeping these subs as spares and buying two 12s with dual 4 ohm coils if I can't get these wired down to 1 ohm.

Would this wiring method work for my subs/amp?

(Wire 2 subs like this)

1_2ohmDVC_1ohm.png

Then run two sets of wires from the subs to the amp like this:

View attachment 26551086

If I cannot wire the subs like this I am considering buying these subs 12" Power Acoustik Mofo.. but the ported box I have is 3.6 cu ft & the minimum recommended ported enclosure for two of these is 4 cu ft.

I'd really like to find a 12: sub that requires 1.8 cu ft per, is under $100 per sub and can handle the power from my amp @ 1 ohm.

Other options I've found so far:

Pioneer-Ts-w3003d4

Earthquake-Sound-Tremor-X (28mm xmax)

Planet-Audio-AC12D

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.