Help With Kenwood DDX9907XR / DMX907S - Kenwood Technical Support Can't Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

fadetoblack73

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have both a Kenwood DDX9907XR and DMX907S. I need help with something in which Kenwood Technical Support said "They don't know."

I use both units with Android Auto.

What I would like to do is to display the Navigation Map from the Android Auto app, while simultaneously displaying a source information that is NOT part of the Android Auto (ie. USB, HD Radio, Sirius Radio, etc).

The screen widget allows multiple customization options allowing a split screen with Navigation and the music player on the Android Phone. However nothing that I have tried allows the Android Auto Navigation and a source that is not part of Android Auto.

For additional information, I tried my wife's iPhone and still was NOT able to accomplish my goal.

This seems like a very simple task.

Can anyone help?

Without knowing the system, could it have anything to do with the interlock that prevents viewing certain sources unless the car is parked with the e-brake engaged?
(or is that when you are specifically trying to make it work?)

I have both a Kenwood DDX9907XR and DMX907S. I need help with something in which Kenwood Technical Support said "They don't know."

I use both units with Android Auto.

What I would like to do is to display the Navigation Map from the Android Auto app, while simultaneously displaying a source information that is NOT part of the Android Auto (ie. USB, HD Radio, Sirius Radio, etc).

The screen widget allows multiple customization options allowing a split screen with Navigation and the music player on the Android Phone. However nothing that I have tried allows the Android Auto Navigation and a source that is not part of Android Auto.

For additional information, I tried my wife's iPhone and still was NOT able to accomplish my goal.

This seems like a very simple task.

Can anyone help?
I am currently using the DMX907S. Unfortunately I don't think you can view the non-android apps while viewing the map. I tried and tried to do the same. I use the wireless android auto and have a 2TB SSD hooked up to one of the USB cables and I have to physically go from the map, to the USB to select the music then select the map again. It will play the USB music behind the android auto and if you have the remote you can control the music without interrupting the map displayed. I think the only way around it is to load all your music into the phone so you can access it via that app. Not always practical but if your phone has expandable storage via microSD then you can get a microSD card just for your music and it won't affect your phone negatively. Streaming music apps do work with android auto as well... like spotify. Hope this helped.

I am currently using the DMX907S. Unfortunately I don't think you can view the non-android apps while viewing the map. I tried and tried to do the same. I use the wireless android auto and have a 2TB SSD hooked up to one of the USB cables and I have to physically go from the map, to the USB to select the music then select the map again. It will play the USB music behind the android auto and if you have the remote you can control the music without interrupting the map displayed. I think the only way around it is to load all your music into the phone so you can access it via that app. Not always practical but if your phone has expandable storage via microSD then you can get a microSD card just for your music and it won't affect your phone negatively. Streaming music apps do work with android auto as well... like spotify. Hope this helped.
Yes. Thank you. That did help as far as the information. Unfortunately it ***** that they would make such a comprehensive operating system and wouldn't account for something seemingly so simple.

Without knowing the system, could it have anything to do with the interlock that prevents viewing certain sources unless the car is parked with the e-brake engaged?
(or is that when you are specifically trying to make it work?)
No. This has nothing to do with video functions. I am just trying to view the sources such as Sirius radio and USB stored music.

Yes. Thank you. That did help as far as the information. Unfortunately it ***** that they would make such a comprehensive operating system and wouldn't account for something seemingly so simple.
Honestly I don't think it would be hard for them to make it where you use android auto AND your own music source. They made it able to do so INSIDE of android auto I am sure they could figure it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...