Help with Kenwood cassette deck in girlfriend's car!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Help me! I have a 1999 Kenwood cassette reciever (model #KRC-235) with the disc changer av inputs on the back along with the amp preouts. I was wondering if you could plug in a standard wire with the avs on one end and a headphone plug on the other in order to connect a personal cd player to it and have the cd player on the conter console with the wire discreetly coming out of the dash and be able to have it play cd's from the cd player into the deck and out to the speakers. (I know that it sounds rigged, but it's only a temp fix until I install a new deck.....the cassette mechanism doesn't function, so a tape adaptor is out of the question...)

yes that should work however be sure you don't plug the jasc into the headphones out on the cd player plug it in to the line out.........The only thin I am not sure of is compatability. The portable and the deck may speak different languages........try it though and see what happens .....what do u have to loose if the tape deck is already broken and as for the new deck layaway is a beautiful thing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.