Help with gain on Orion 2500d.

Weece
10+ year member

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECE
Well my problem is my amp plays fine, but i have to crank the amp past 3/4 before i even get any output out of it. I mean it seems like im still getting the 2500 watts but i have to crank it all the way up almost to get that output on a 15" xxx.......i didnt think i would have to crank the gain that much to get output. ANyways i have a optima yellow top battery and stock alt on a 2001 yukon. So im just wondering if its because my amp is getting enough amps from the alternator? Still need to do the big 3 also >

I used a dmm ....... but im still wondering why i have to crank the Gain almost to full to get the voltage im suppose to have. It was also very hard to set because barely even touch the gain and it jumps like no other.

Deck is a 5volt preout. And ive played around with every setting there is on the deck and still have to crank the gain on the amp....im just worried if this is going to hurt the amp over time, but ya my electrical system is barely hangning on....so i plan on ordering like a 250a alt pretty soon.

i also noticed that you have to play with the other setting by the gain. i had the same problem till i adjusted the high pass and the other nob(can't remember what it's called).

Deck is a 5volt preout. And ive played around with every setting there is on the deck and still have to crank the gain on the amp....im just worried if this is going to hurt the amp over time, but ya my electrical system is barely hangning on....so i plan on ordering like a 250a alt pretty soon.
panasonic 5v?

If thats the case it doesn't surprise me.

If you need to turn up the gain, you need to turn up the gain... thats what its there for. This assumes you set the xover and such properly, of course.

panasonic 5v?
If thats the case it doesn't surprise me.

If you need to turn up the gain, you need to turn up the gain... thats what its there for. This assumes you set the xover and such properly, of course.
At last, we agree! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You are not going to harm the amplifier unless you are turning the gain pass the clipping threshold, if it isnt doing what it should at 1/2 gain, then turn it up with no harm done...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.