help wiring crappy scosche 10" subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

magnus28
10+ year member

Canada
Kind of piggy-backing off another thread I started, however I ran into a new problem..

I just bought 2 of these:

Amazon.com: Scosche SW1004 10" 450 Watt subwoofer: Electronics

I also bought a sub enclosure made to fit 2 10" subs,

the enclosure itself has 2 easy quick connects on the back for running pos and neg speaker wire to it. However the 10" subs themselves has some weird looking metal bracket mounted where the speaker wire is sautered on. It's shaped like a U with 2 tiny holes through the arms. they are easy to bend. The speakers came with absolutely no wiring instructions, and I want to know how I am going to attach the wire correctly to the speaker.

The inside of the enclosure has some sort of metal arm similiar to the ones on the speaker, but almost looks like I could crimp a spade connector to a wire and slide it over, then bend it.

Sorry, best way I can describe the scenario.

Never wired speakers to this type of connector, i'd almost be tempted to just twist the wire around the brackets, and just bend the arms in with needle nose pliers, but there has to be a neater way.

thx.

you either need the connecters crimped on the wires then plugged onto the sub or go the better route and just solder them on.

Last edited by a moderator:
i lulz pretty hard when i read this bro...

those u shaped tabs are called speaker terminals...

you need these...

Pack-25-Molex-FIQD-Blade-Connector-Female-7243K11.jpg

their called blade connectors

scosche makes subs? wtf
yes and amps too components ,its all not too bad ive got one of the 4 channel amps ,ran it for 2 years no problems at all ,still have it too.the older amps even had birth sheets mine was 410 watts rms at 4 ohms all channels driven

yes and amps too components ,its all not too bad ive got one of the 4 channel amps ,ran it for 2 years no problems at all ,still have it too.the older amps even had birth sheets mine was 410 watts rms at 4 ohms all channels driven
think they do rated?

realm is the higher end stuff ,look at the efx.dont know if they do rated but it kept up with my sd 8000, powerbass xta 5ks x 2 and my stetsoms that i ran

yea i was surprised with the amp .i ran it at 3 ohms and was getting 150 watts rms at 3 ohms per channel ,and didn't even warm.but time to sell it now.no need for it anymore bought a dc 175.4

here is the sub wires i made - you can see the installation of the female disconnect terminals. you'll need a speaker wire pair for each sub to connect the sub to the terminal inside each side of the box. i recommend 14awg wire which will work with the blue female disconnects.

solder is your friend

accordtrunk_IBwall_finish018.jpg

heat shrink is your friend

accordtrunk_IBwall_finish021.jpg

split loom is also your friend

accordtrunk_IBwall_finish023.jpg

accordtrunk_IBwall_finish024.jpg

accordtrunk_IBwall_finish025.jpg

secured to the subs

accordtrunk_IBwall_finish027.jpg

nice pics hope... How do the blade terminal connectors stay on the terminals? The just slide over and then bend them with pliers? Sauder them together?

The connections on the inside of the sub enclosure are definitely for those blade connectors, but the ones on the subs themselves, are definitely not! They are very wide and not shaped the same, almost like two separate posts, connected at the bottom in the shape of a "U"

nice pics hope... How do the blade terminal connectors stay on the terminals? The just slide over and then bend them with pliers? Sauder them together?
The connections on the inside of the sub enclosure are definitely for those blade connectors, but the ones on the subs themselves, are definitely not! They are very wide and not shaped the same, almost like two separate posts, connected at the bottom in the shape of a "U"
exactly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.