Help, what box do I need?

rottie

FLA
I just bought a pair of Rockford 12" HE2 RFP3212 subs. Now I need to find a good box for them (I need 2 single boxes). I want to make sure I get the right size so the subs sound good and dont vibrate.

Here's some numbers from RFs site:

Depth Bottom mount - 6.3125 in.

Cutout - 11.125 in.

Displacement - 146.88 cu in.

Enclosure Sealed box -

Recommended volume (Cubic Feet) - 1.25

Recommended volume (Liters) - 35.40

and here are a couple boxes I'm looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1305053253

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1304298532

Will either of those boxes work? Or is there a different kind I should get?

both those close tonight so I would really appreciate it if someone could check those out and let me know. Thanks

my friend has a 2000 Mustang. He bought 2 Rockford HE's and put them into seperate boxes made by Subzero. It fits just fine in the trunk and it sounds really good.

If you crunch the numbers I believe the soeaker displaces less than %10 of the internal box volume, what that means is go ahead and get a box that's as clos as you can get. a little bigger won't hurt just makes the bass a bit boomier..smaller will make it tighter and have a little (probably not noticable) more power, but you lose some lower bass. The box volume needs to be within +/- %10 of MFG recommendations.

Mike

thanks to everyone who replied.

I think i'm just gonna have to go with a box thats 1.0 cubic feet, even though the reccomendation is 1.25. I've tried with measurements from square and wedge boxes and it doesnt look like the 1.25" boxes will fit. Since i'm buying it online, I dont want to get stuck with something that wont fit. I havent seen anything between 1.0 and 1.25 and I know the 1.0 will fit. I dont want to lose the lower bass but the opening for my trunk is ridiciously small. But i appreciate mykeys and everyone elses advice.

Any difference between a square or wedge box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.