Help me figure this out.

Participant count
  • Participant list

subzero
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
When I am driving one of my amps cut off for a moment, then continue playing without problem. This happens once in a while and I think maybe happens when there is a bump, but I can't tell because it doesnt do it all the time.

suggestions on where I should look first

how can I test this to find out where and what the problem is.

When you say, it happens when there is a bump it sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere. I would start with checking all of your ground and power connections.

I've had this, and it was from running the amp at too low of an impedance.

I ran an IB sub, 4 ohms, to the back two channels of a 4 channel amp, bridged. However, running it IB meant I had no impedance rise from the box, and it was actually sitting around 3.2 to 3.4 ohms, causing the amp to have troubles.

The only other thing would be loose connections - inside the amp or outside.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.