Help in choosing some components

got_focus?
10+ year member

Skeet Skeet Skeet
Loveland, CO
Looking to spend $300 or less on some good components that will handle 150wrms daily. I like my music LOUD. Something with decent midbass would be nice!

6.5" components for $300 or less that will get loud off of 150wrms, while sounding good doing it!

Cdt Eruo ES610's can't be beat for $299 shipped.
very nice set, if you can get upgraded tweets. Besides the tweets being weak, they do like more than 150w

The Alpine Type X Pro's, Pioneer PRS and DLS UP6 would be on my short list

How about CDT HD6's?
Those are just the mids. What tweeter and x-over would you get with them? Or are you gonna be running them active.

If you got the DRT-26 tweets with those mids, they would be my first choice. Otherwise I'd look elsewhere.

very nice set, if you can get upgraded tweets. Besides the tweets being weak, they do like more than 150w
The Alpine Type X Pro's, Pioneer PRS and DLS UP6 would be on my short list
how do the alpine compare to the boston?

Pioneer TS-C720PRS
x2 great set for the money can be had for around 240 maybe less. excellent midbass and the tweeter is smooth even at higher volume.

Id also reccomend the tweeter SS 6.5 component set. great midbass and to this day still one of the best tweeters ive owned

^ Some people may say so as they are crossed at 2000 hz/ 12db slope and seem a bit bright while running through the passive. Although i will say that the tweeter tends to tame down a good amount after a few weeks of listening. Once the tweet is "burned in" it is very nice. Articulite while not so in your face obnoxious. I've found that keeping the tweet at -3db helped level things out as it tends to be somewhat over-efficient at 9k hz plus and in my opinion this is their ONLY downfall. A -6db attenuation on the passive would've been a good thing for this set. Posistioning of the tweet also comes into play. You have to find what spots in your car work well for your tastes but I will say that having these on-axis will bring out the brightness a little more then preferred with this set in passive form and got better results running them off-axis, Just my 02. Now, If going active, IMO crossing the PRS's at 3.5k hz is the optimum x-over point for these as the mid drivers tends to really open up without beaming or things of that matter. The tweets become less raspy(female vocals only caused this from my experience even with a good bit of EQing) and they are extremely accurate. For the $240 or so that these can be bought for they are VERY hard to beat. Midbass is impressive as all hell and the overall music reproduction is right on point. Awesome comp set

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.