Help design a SMALL SPL system

bigaudiofanatic
10+ year member

Dynamic Mobile Audio
Dover DE
So with my atlima being my SQ system I would Like my ford escape to be a little more bass oriented.

The goals and requirements.

Would like to have a sub no bigger than 12, and preferably sealed.

Sub box has to be small enough that I can still use my trunk for work and is movable/removable.

Would like to be able to play down to 10 Hrz

Amp has to be small enough to go under seat.

Entire setup has to be done CHEAP. Not looking to invest anywhere near 600 for all this.

Thoughts?

Unless u have some friends just GIVING good equip away Im just not sure how any of this can happen?

Usually to get loud(spl) cheaply u would use Cone area but u wanna stay >12in?

10hz, really?

Yes u can be loud for 600ish but Im not sure how with ur specific requirements. Stick around tho there are several magicians that live here.

Why do you want a sub that plays a full octave below the lower threshold of human hearing?
Well honestly as long as I can play song like bass I love you and feel the lower Oct. That's what I after. I did a sq setup with a CDT sub that played it amazingly in a sealed box.

I gotcha. So you want a setup that can reach way low. I thought that's probably what you meant but wasn't sure.

But the trouble is that I seriously doubt you'll be able to do what you want to do on the budget and in the space you're wanting to do it.

Big SPL requires big budget and big box.

Obsidian audio 18!! think they only need 3cuft sealed would net u double the cone area of a 12. They do real well in sealed boxes to. 1k is right around they're sweet spot for spl.

Obsidian audio 18!! think they only need 3cuft sealed would net u double the cone area of a 12. They do real well in sealed boxes to. 1k is right around they're sweet spot for spl.
You'd need more like 4 cubes for the 18 sealed.

I'd go with the obsidian 15 sealed. Musical woofer that can get loud sealed.

So with my atlima being my SQ system I would Like my ford escape to be a little more bass oriented.
The goals and requirements.

Would like to have a sub no bigger than 12, and preferably sealed.

Sub box has to be small enough that I can still use my trunk for work and is movable/removable.

Would like to be able to play down to 10 Hrz

Amp has to be small enough to go under seat.

Entire setup has to be done CHEAP. Not looking to invest anywhere near 600 for all this.

Thoughts?
Our radioactive 30SPL is rated at 1K rms, which you stated you intended to power up with possibly a Focal amp.

Full MSRP is 266.00. If you're needed an amp, I could get you into either our Radioactive 1200 mono block for right at 600 package deal or our titanium 800 mono block for a bit less.

I hope you find the sound you're after regardless of who'd product you run. Keep the thread updated with your decision

Brandon

I'd grad a polk audio 15 Crutchfield has for 89 shipped.only needs 1.5 sealed...
I grabbed one of those. Threw it in a 1.9 sealed off a 2 channel Pioneer in my wife's minivan. Giving it around 400 rms and it's amazing. Sounds good and gets loud and low for a 15 in a sealed box. Sounds like it could take another few hundred watts if I wanted to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.