Help choosing new Subs & Head Unit for '91 Integra

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello everyone. This is my first real post. I posted in the introduction forum (for once) but that doesn't really count. Anyway....

I am going to be driving a new car and want a new sub+enclosure for it. I have 2 12" Jl W3's in the H.O. enclosure. I like it a lot but first off the car, which is a 1991 Acura Integra by the way, is in Florida and the box is in New York. Plus even if I had it shipped down, I would have zero trunk space if the subs+box even fit (I havn't measured, but would guess it wouldn't fit though).

I would like to just upgrade to a new sub & enclosure and I am going to upgrade the head-unit for sure.

I have a Rockford 800.2 Amp now that I was planning to use. I figure that I'll at least try it and if it sounds crappy or another amp would make a big sound level/quality difference then I'll get something different.

I was thinking about getting 1 JL Audio 10" or 12" W7 in the H.O. enclosure again. I LOVE that enclosure. I love the way the 12's I have now are so good all around and rock/metal sound amazing. But, I love that super low bass thump you get with the 10" subs.

If I do decide to go with just one speaker, which would everyone recommend? I want good overall bass, but I also want a sub that will hit the lower stuff and still sound good doing it. I'm open for opinions on these 2 subs, and any other's that sound at least as good as JL's do. I'm open to different style enclosures too. I just want something that will hit HARD and loud, but have good sound quality also. I want a clean thump, not just something that'll shake you but sound all fuzzy and/or un-clean doing it.

I also need a new head. I want something that plays CD/CD-R/CD-RW/MP3 etc. Onee that plays DVD audio and maybe video would be good too. I also want outputs for at least 2 amps plus AUX inputs for an IPOD or a seperate Satellite Radio tuner, so it can plug right in, instead of having to use an FM station etc. Built-in Satellite Radio is good too. A nice looking display is a plus too.

I am open to all suggestions, again as long as it's a good quality radio.

Well, thanks in advance for any info/advice. It will be appreciated,

-Mike

I had an 89 Integra. I put a single kicker solo 12" in it (the old round ones) in a 1.2 cu. ft. sealed box. It would knock your head off and I had plenty of room still. These can still be found.

Nick

Does the Integra have a double din opening? If so, I recommend the Alpine IVA-W200 for the options you are looking for.. I just picked one up myself.. And if you're looking for a 12w7, then I recommend a JL 1000/1 to power it.. They were made to go together..

Welcome to the addiction..

Thanks for the input man. I'm looking for something a bit more high-end though. Don't get me wrong, those are good subs. But, I want something that hits harder and/or has really good sound quality/clarity. Thanks again though.

How are the TC Sounds 10" & 12" (LMS if its the better of the 2 types) compared to JL W7's? Anything that puts the W7s to shame?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.