Headphone plug

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmanpc
5,000+ posts

CA.com Nostalgist.
I have a pair of Sennheiser CX300s that I love. However, after listening to them heavily for a few months, the plug is bad and i only have sound out of the right side unless I wiggle the wire.

Anyhow, is there any way I could cut the plug off of these and off of like a $1 pair of walmart phones and solder them together? I don't have the $$ to get another nice pair of headphones.

well my worry is the wires inside. I've tried before and because of the material its made of, it just doesnt seem to work. should i treat it just like soldering any other wire?

It has really thin wires?

You probably would need a low wattage iron.

You just may be better off splicing wires from another set in that case, especially for a temporary fix instead of the hassel of buying another iron.

ram3.jpg

Okay, ran to Radio Shack and picked up a plug. Cut the original plug off, and it left 4 wires exposed- one side is red and gold, and the other is green and red/green. Any idea as to the polarity of them? I've tried just twisting them around the leads on the plug with no avail.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jmanpc

5,000+ posts
CA.com Nostalgist.
jmanpc
Jacksonville, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date