head unit starts up but no sound!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ynottony93

today i was installing my amp and subs to my stock nissan xterra headunit and everything was going good untill i accidently touched one of the sub wires to the ground on the amp there was sparks and then after that there's no sounds from any speakers.. i unpluged everything and put it back to stock and still no sound any help would be much appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

it's a stock nissan cy130 i checked the fuse in the hood and in the dash they're all good
Once i had the same problem and it was the wiring, I had no sound but hissing. => smthing tells me u did not wire it properly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It would also be easy to add an equalizer to have individual rca inputs for all of the channels. A decent one can be had for less than $40...
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...
There are a couple of options. You can use a marine bt unit. They come in the size of a hockey puck and can mount anywhere. This is the marine unit.
There are bluetooth amplifiers. You can just use your phone or an I Pod as the music source and not touch the radio.
Avoid jvc 480bhs hard to see the display in the daytime even with the brightness all the way up also not as easy getting to the audio menu like...

About this thread

ynottony93

ynottony93
Houston, tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Rookie_80