hard bass hits making rpm dip

Participant count
  • Participant list

ExpiredDrummer
10+ year member

just noticed this starting yesterday. im listening to linkin park with their loud punchy bass hits, and when i accelerate, i can see my rpms dip 100-200 everytime it hits, and its effecting my acceleration. im thinking its just my alt going out, but i wanted to see a second opinion before i go and get it tested.

im running 3 12" type r's wired to 1.3ish ohms with a kx1200.1. batt is yellowtop. stock 85amp alt. 4awg power and ground.

Switch out your wire to 0 guage, do the big 3, and upgrade your front battery. Your alternator is choking from the current draw of the amp. Do the electrical upgrades I recommended, and go from there. Your killing your alternator quicker

Switch out your wire to 0 guage, do the big 3, and upgrade your front battery. Your alternator is choking from the current draw of the amp. Do the electrical upgrades I recommended, and go from there. Your killing your alternator quicker
upgrade front batt to what? the yellowtop is brand new. big 3 is not done. im gonna take it down to my local shop to see if they can do it. getting too cold outside to do it myself.

but i guess my question still stands. are the rpm's dipping because of the bad electrical? it doesnt make sence to me cause i dont have a big voltage drop.

Well if that's the case maybe your belt is slipping or your belt tensioner is loose. Also have your alternator checked. Also what car is it? Or it could be your speed senser..

Well if that's the case maybe your belt is slipping or your belt tensioner is loose. Also have your alternator checked. Also what car is it? Or it could be your speed senser..
car is an 88 merc topaz. dont laugh. i got it for free with 34k original grandma miles and it still runs and looks like new. ill definatly have the alt checked now.

it shouldn't be that bad? i don't have rpm dips. i have huge azz voltage drops though.

1200 really shouldn't be doing that.

i have a 60 amp stock alot and a stock and C&D batt. with 1g and 4g runs and an unfinished big3.

regardless, i think you should switch to 1g or 0g. 4g and 1000+rms don't really match..

Yeah on the switching out the power wire, but have that alternator check. I believe its dying. It's mustve been sitting or barely drove at all. Then put current to it. That's a no no

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.