Got Bose?

Dang that guy must really hate them to type so much about it!

Mr. Bose is alive and he's actually a really cool scientist as he gets an idea he want to test and he spends all of his money until they prove or disprove it. Like he spent a crazy ammount to prove or disprove cold fusion. This is why Bose stereo products never change from year to year. He mearly uses the musical equip. as a supply for his other endeavors. He was a professor at MIT and when he dies (he's like 75+) the entire holdings of Bose will be donated to MIT to create scholoships and stuff.

I read all of this in an interview he did for Discover magazine.

I also know that Bose is not worth the money; but hey, serves the unimformed/stupid people right. If they want to be ripped off it's their own **** fault.

but hey, serves the unimformed/stupid people right. If they want to be ripped off it's their own **** fault.
I'm not trying to equate two different things together, but...the FDA (and numerous other government agencies) was created to combat this very idea.

Ideally, there shouldn't be a company set up to fleece unwilling consumers of their money. Maybe my sense of ethics is off here, I don't know.

my lil stock 4.5" fronts/rears sound good tho..
they could sound better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

my dad has that cube system (got it when it first came out) and lemme tell u, that subwoofer is an INCREDIBLE design. well maybe the design itself isn't anything to write home about, but come on! a 7th order bandpass for HOME? that takes some knowledge to design. it sounds like a 12" for HT. its great. the lil cubes tho, ****.

Well the ethics of this shouldn't be in question. I don't find being uninformed "fleecing". If you are about to spend $1,500 for a HT speaker system, buy some HT magazines or read the forums and it would quickly be obvious that companies like energy, denon, and even sony have better products for all-in-one systems.

That's the same as someone buying an Audiovoxx amp rated at 4000W RMS and expecting it to reach that number easily without blowing/overheating/etc. Hopefully they'll eventually realize they got screwed and learn to research these things better! :p

I agree with lemans, that little sub is pretty impressive given its size. There was a lot of engineering involved in the "wave" system.

yes once again, mr. bose is a fcking genius of a man and kinda deserves as much as he can get since people are jacking his ideas left and right.

wow, and all this time I thought Bose was a respectable company dedicated to there products. i learned something new today.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Edit: oh and that other site he was talking about that praised bose is from UMass Amherst. Its one of the top party schools in America.

I have the 301 series powered by a denon receiver and I must say the put out pretty good, even off my 25 watt yahmaha they sounded good. I will agree though that they are overpriced (350 a pair). But you cant really turn them down as a gift. Their low end is really good for bookshelf speakers. I do agree with the clips though, they are pretty lame.

Chosen woofer size largely depends on the application, be it music playback and type of music or movies, SPL or accuracy,
Smaller subwoofers move faster and thus have tighter bass response for improved clarity and accuracy
I stopped reading as soon as i read that

The sad thing is that your average Joe Blow thinks they're the greatest thing since sliced bread... and just try to convince someone who owns a Bose system that they aren't good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Crappy products (for the price), but they have one hell of a marketing dep't.

Bose only reproduces 66% of actual recording being played back.

"The three-chamber band pass design is the worst of all major subwoofer enclosure types. Its only purpose is to boost decibel output at the expense of accuracy."

"I could bust a Bose cabinet in half over my head."

interesting how he threw a little trashing on nakamichi too. they arent bang for the buck. but ive never seen a six disc single din cd player other than frrom nakamichi personally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JimJ

5,000+ posts
Tangled Up in Blue
JimJ
Hillsborough, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date