Got a sound violation ticket.

check your spelling of the first post, and what it says, and tell me if it makes sense...
Eh i know my spelling isnt amazing. Grammar was never my friend, but im a technician and none of us use correct grammar. Ill live, but it its making it difficult for you to understand me ill use complete sentences.

How? 3 people said fight it and he said pay it, thats 3 against 1. His argument had holes all in it and just wasnt well thought out. He was talking as though the cop has a decimal reader and a range finder that he hit his car with which he didnt so hes dumb. The end i just added, that may not make since
And you prove my point, to a degree. You are using the wording of the ordinance to try to get out of it. As if hearing it from 49.9 feet makes it not a violation. What i am saying is you were irresponsible and were playing it in a manner that he could hear it. If he hadn't heard it in the first place, you never would have been pulled over. See where i am getting at?

Eh i know my spelling isnt amazing. Grammar was never my friend, but im a technician and none of us use correct grammar. Ill live, but it its making it difficult for you to understand me ill use complete sentences.
in that aspect, yes, it was very difficult to understand you.... i'm nowhere near a grammar or spelling nazi (mine ***** too)... but atleast make it understandable lol

And you prove my point, to a degree. You are using the wording of the ordinance to try to get out of it. As if hearing it from 49.9 feet makes it not a violation. What i am saying is you were irresponsible and were playing it in a manner that he could hear it. If he hadn't heard it in the first place, you never would have been pulled over. See where i am getting at?
actually, hearing it from 49.9 ft doesnt make it a violation... thats why most laws are specific, to cut out the "grey area", and if the cop didnt do his "investigation" properly, then that's on him, and he shouldn't write a violation.

god damn double posts

The point is, just him "hearing it" isn't enough. Too subjective, I can hear relatively quiet bass from a good distance. Doesn't make it loud, that's just the nature of bass notes.

Im not saying its not his fault for receiving the ticket. I just think cops need to make sure they have there stuff right, you see alot of bs in houston. Not to say cops are out messing with people ive just had bad experiences with cops on high horses. And i have several family friends on HPD and a close personal friend of mine is a K9 unit for HPD. His dads a sheriff so i have respect just some need to get in check.

Whats the point the our court system if we dont use it?

actually, hearing it from 49.9 ft doesnt make it a violation... thats why most laws are specific, to cut out the "grey area", and if the cop didnt do his "investigation" properly, then that's on him, and he shouldn't write a violation.
So you want to get out of something by disputing .1'? **** kids today just have no respect or responsibility.

first thing to ask if you get pulled over is to see the calibration for the sound level meter they used, and to ask what the ambient noise level was at the time of the measurement. traffic is constantly changing and it is impossible to take an ambient reading without taking long term readings. the burden of proof is on the prosecutor and proving you were in violation and not someone else is pretty much impossible.

that said, most of us are easily capable of violating any noise ordinance. if you get busted - grow up and pay the ticket - and maybe turn it down next time. no one wants to hear your crappy music choice.

first thing to ask if you get pulled over is to see the calibration for the sound level meter they used, and to ask what the ambient noise level was at the time of the measurement. traffic is constantly changing and it is impossible to take an ambient reading without taking long term readings. the burden of proof is on the prosecutor and proving you were in violation and not someone else is pretty much impossible.
that said, most of us are easily capable of violating any noise ordinance. if you get busted - grow up and pay the ticket - and maybe turn it down next time. no one wants to hear your crappy music choice.
agreed. Ive never actually been pulled over fir it but friends have

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tek18

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Tek18
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date