Good amp for the Terminator TNE212D 400W RMS 2 Ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey I'm just looking for a good amp that will push those subs to the max, and if you don't mind explain why it would be good for it, so I can learn. Thanks!!https://www.mtx.com/tne212d-mtx-car-subwoofer-enclosure
My suggestion is an Alpine MRV-M500. Your subwoofers handle 200w RMS each with a final load of 2ohms. This amp makes 500w RMS @ 2ohm's. That's 100w (give or take) over the rated power of your woofers, however... in real world applications you will likely have some amount of voltage drop and never see the full output of the amp.

If you do see the full output of the amp, those subwoofers should be fine seeing that amount of power for a short while.

My suggestion is an Alpine MRV-M500. Your subwoofers handle 200w RMS each with a final load of 2ohms. This amp makes 500w RMS @ 2ohm's. That's 100w (give or take) over the rated power of your woofers, however... in real world applications you will likely have some amount of voltage drop and never see the full output of the amp.
If you do see the full output of the amp, those subwoofers should be fine seeing that amount of power for a short while.
GM-5500T - 2-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier with 820 Watts Max. and Bass Boost Volume Control | Pioneer Electronics USA This is the amp I currently have but it cuts out and I feel like it just doesn't push the subs as much as they could be pushed.. Is the amp you recommended better?

GM-5500T - 2-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier with 820 Watts Max. and Bass Boost Volume Control | Pioneer Electronics USA This is the amp I currently have but it cuts out and I feel like it just doesn't push the subs as much as they could be pushed.. Is the amp you recommended better?
That pioneer is an amp for speakers. You are only getting 125 watts out of it. That alpine amp will push them way more. Also your subwoofer enclosure is the aspect of your that gets you loudest. Dont expect any results comming from a pre-made box you bought online. Dont look at max power numbers, those are bullsh*t numbers to trick newbies.

Here are some other amp choices.

Precision Power PPI P1000.1 Phantom 1000W Monoblock Amplifier

Rockville RXD M4 6000 Watt 3000W RMS Mono Class D 1 Ohm Amplifier Car Stereo Amp | eBay

Those amps will give you decent power. They even test pretty well on the amplifier dyno too.

PPI

Rockville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vyG5xtu-Ighttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vyG5xtu-Ig

With these amps, you have future upgrade options to run new subs at 1 ohm. Those subs wont satisfy you for long.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ogpayne

ogpayne
Bedford, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date