Getting loud INSIDE a regular cab

MIDDLE CONSOLE ALL DAY !!! I had a regualr cab Chevy truck with buckets and I put a DD 2512 on a solid 1000 wrms(old MTX 1501d) and it flexed my back wall about 1/2 inch. I think my layout is what made it get up to the mid 40's. I downfired the sub over the trans tunnel right in front of the dash, built the box to meet the back wall at the top, and I recessed the bottom about 8 inches back so the port exited at the rear wall.Box was 3 cubes and 50 sq" of port. It was insanely loud and played the low end nicely for just one "low" powered 12.

you should do a build log on this..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
agreed

MIDDLE CONSOLE ALL DAY !!! I had a regualr cab Chevy truck with buckets and I put a DD 2512 on a solid 1000 wrms(old MTX 1501d) and it flexed my back wall about 1/2 inch. I think my layout is what made it get up to the mid 40's. I downfired the sub over the trans tunnel right in front of the dash, built the box to meet the back wall at the top, and I recessed the bottom about 8 inches back so the port exited at the rear wall.Box was 3 cubes and 50 sq" of port. It was insanely loud and played the low end nicely for just one "low" powered 12.
see now thats what im talking about.. thats what i want. loud on low power, pics of this set up?

Im getting ready to put a SAX 1200 to a sa12 in a regular cab ranger with 2-2.25cuft. Let me know how yours goes, I'm going to try and do it with out losing any leg room........Good Luck

Im getting ready to put a SAX 1200 to a sa12 in a regular cab ranger with 2-2.25cuft. Let me know how yours goes, I'm going to try and do it with out losing any leg room........Good Luck
when do you plan on doing this? i wanna seeeeeeee..

ahh your sig sounds like me! all the effin time hahahaha

"getting ready too" is about two months out for me but I do plan on build logging it. I have a cheapo kicker 10'' on 300w with 1.25ish cuft right now and it gets loud but not stupid loud........I want stupid loud lol. Apparently my wife thinks that she has to have this kid in the next 2 months which is very inconvenient for my Audio Addiction but whatever

"getting ready too" is about two months out for me but I do plan on build logging it. I have a cheapo kicker 10'' on 300w with 1.25ish cuft right now and it gets loud but not stupid loud........I want stupid loud lol. Apparently my wife thinks that she has to have this kid in the next 2 months which is very inconvenient for my Audio Addiction but whatever
well get on it man! hahaha

ahh i see, i like how you did the amps and everything. i wanna recess mine on the sides of the box so there flush

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.