Getting back in the game...

PartyInThRanger
10+ year member

Ambulance with Bass
So I used to build systems years ago... got my truck stripped by the local crackheads to many times so I stopped. Well I got a new truck (2006 F-250 Crew cab) and I was out driving and heard a system and decided it was time to come back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. So with that being said I have lost a lot of my knowledge, and new things are out now. So I come asking advice I am thinking of doing 2 12"Kicker CompVX's should I go with 2 or 4 ohm ad what is a good amp these days to push these?

What're your goals for this system? Daily? Do you plan on competing? Also what's your budget for the amp(s)?
Its a daily driver. Budget Id say $500-$1000. I don't drive it much and I am doing a completely custom interior and the box will be in between the two rear buckets.

Are you set on the cvx's? and is the $1k for everything? amps, subs etc.?
Nope, I am not set on anything. Actually lets do this, my budget is $2,000 for just amps and subs, and I can build up to about 10 cubes. Whats good for $2k.....Im looking for somewhere between SQ and SPL, I want it loud but not noisy

So I used to build systems years ago... got my truck stripped by the local crackheads to many times so I stopped. Well I got a new truck (2006 F-250 Crew cab) and I was out driving and heard a system and decided it was time to come back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. So with that being said I have lost a lot of my knowledge, and new things are out now. So I come asking advice I am thinking of doing 2 12"Kicker CompVX's should I go with 2 or 4 ohm ad what is a good amp these days to push these?
My T20001BD will push them with plenty of head room! 400.00 shipped to your door! I also have 2 BNIB RE XXX 12" D2's 500 a piece and a BNIB T20001BD w/birthsheet and manual still in plastic. 550.00+ shipping. I have a 3rd T20001BD also slightly used, mint conditio, 450 + shipping.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379013

Nope, I am not set on anything. Actually lets do this, my budget is $2,000 for just amps and subs, and I can build up to about 10 cubes. Whats good for $2k.....Im looking for somewhere between SQ and SPL, I want it loud but not noisy
Pretty sure that's an oxymoron, the two mean nearly the same thing. Look up the definition of loud, and noisy is in there somewhere.

My T20001BD will push them with plenty of head room! 400.00 shipped to your door! I also have 2 BNIB RE XXX 12" D2's 500 a piece and a BNIB T20001BD w/birthsheet and manual still in plastic. 550.00+ shipping. I have a 3rd T20001BD also slightly used, mint conditio, 450 + shipping. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379013
buy his stuff. you will love the XXXs. seriously just buy his stuff op.

I'm not actually ready to buy right know, still got a lot of other things that I want to do to the truck first, just trying to get the system designed. will probably do it beginning of march.

oh...well...in that case just listen to everything you can in person. whatever you owned before two of those XXX would blow your mind. just to put it into perspective...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.