Fuel pump shuts off on low frequency songs.

DirtyDuzit

AZ
I have a 94 crown vic with 2 hds215's on a ppi 1800, regular bats, a 40ah upfront and a 125ah in the back volts never go below 12. A few songs that dip into the low 20's kick my fuel pump off and I have to hit the switch in the trunk to turn my car back on.

Whats this from low voltage or what?

Your fuel pump could easily be going bad..

Also wheres your ground at? If you are ground to close to the fuel pump module you can be forcing to shut off on you.

I saw a vid about this in a similar car. If your system is loud enough it can actually trip the switch by vibration alone.
ha i didnt even bother thinking of that. It used to always happen in my Taurus since ford likes to have shut off buttons.

Your fuel pump could easily be going bad..
Also wheres your ground at? If you are ground to close to the fuel pump module you can be forcing to shut off on you.
What?

This is nothing new with Ford, Lincolns or Mercurys. The vibration is tripping the fuel cutoff switch which is there to stop the flow of fuel in case of an accident. Some have deadened the area around it to keep it from tripping, get creative.

What?
This is nothing new with Ford, Lincolns or Mercurys. The vibration is tripping the fuel cutoff switch which is there to stop the flow of fuel in case of an accident. Some have deadened the area around it to keep it from tripping, get creative.
This.

You might also consider inserting some soft padding in between the switch and sheet metal/bracket as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.