Front car speaker sometimes works and sometimes doesn't

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ricky_s

Hey guys,

The head unit is Sony CDX-GT610Ui. The front right speaker has always had trouble. Months ago; when I started my car only that speaker didn't work right away. Eventually it would come on by itself. This was a rare problem, like it only happened 2-3 times a month and lasted for 1-2minutes.

Then last month the speaker used to cut out while I was listening to music, then sometimes when I increased or decreased the volume, it would come back on. At this point it was pretty frequent.

This entire month it wasn't working, I removed the head unit and checked the connection, and they all looked fine. I put it back in and then couple of days later, out of no where the speaker began to play sound and it only played for like 2-3 seconds and then it was dead again.

Then today the front left speaker also didn't play any sound when I started the car. When I turned the volume way up, the left speaker came back on.

So what could be the problem?

Thanks!

If its an old head unit, it could be that. You might need to get a new one.

Are the speakers on an amp? If so, it could be the amp

Also check the connection to the speakers at the door.

Could be a short in some wires somewhere.

Could be the speakers are old, if that is the case.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.